[NEohioPAL] CASTING CALL: Ohio University Short Film "Joy Ride"

Stookey, Corrie cs499110 at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 24 14:39:53 PST 2014

CASTING CALL JANUARY 25, 2014 FROM 4PM-7PM AT OHIO UNIVERSITY'S ALDEN LIBRARY

    419 Productions is a student run production based out of OU's School of Media Arts and Studies and we're looking for talented actors to be in our short film, Joy Ride, this spring.

    Joy Ride is a film set primarily in 1965 about a mom who takes her son on a cross-country trip to escape from her husband. However, as their circumstances worsen, their plans quickly change. We are going to have casting calls this Saturday, January 25, 2014 from 4pm-7pm in Athens Ohio. If people cannot come to Athens Ohio, they may also post their audition on youtube and e-mail the link to joyridemovie at gmail.com<mailto:joyridemovie at gmail.com> (the official e-mail of our production).  The film will be shot in the Ohio area on February 7-9 and 14-16 and also in central Texas from March 1-9 (therefore this film will involve traveling). Transportation and lodging will be included in the production budget and pay will be negotiable.

The primary roles include:
John: 12-14 year-old boy, intelligent and precocious with a hint of sarcasm.
Mom: 30-35 year-old woman, stubborn, conflicted, and slightly insecure.
Cowboy: 30-40 year-old man, kind appearance with sinister intentions.
Clarence: 50-60 year-old heavyset man, kind-hearted steak eating champion.

Secondary roles include:
Older version of John: 40-50 year-old man
Older version of Mom: 70-80 year-old woman
Older dad: 70-80 year-old man
Hotel Manager: 40-50 year-old man

Minor roles include:
Gas station attendant: 20-30 year-old man
Steakhouse waiter/waitress: 20-40 year-old woman
John's Friend 1: 12-14 year-old boy
John's Friend 2: 12-14 year-old boy
Boy 1: 10-15 year-old boy.

Actors who choose to audition should read the sides for the character they are auditioning for.  Please reply to this email for further information and the sides will be provided for you.