[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for Chekhov One-Acts at LCCC

Jeremy Benjamin jbenjami at lorainccc.edu
Tue Feb 4 08:37:55 PST 2014

LCCC THEATRE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR ³I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU²

An evening of one act plays by Anton Chekhov
Directed by Terence Cranendonk
I Now Pronounce You is an evening of heart achingly hilarious and complex
short plays centered around the act of marriage, by the master Russian
playwright Anton Chekhov. Each of the three plays, The Proposal, The
Wedding, and On the Harmful Effects of Tobacco is a snapshot of one stage in
the process of getting married: before, during, and after. Chekhov¹s biting,
yet sympathetic; humor comes out full force in these one-acts, which Chekov
called his ³vaudevilles.²

WHEN FEBRUARY 18 & 19, 2014 FROM 6-10 PM
PRODUCTION DATES: APRIL 24-26, 2014

Lorain County Community College is looking for actors and musicians (age 16
and up), from the campus and the community, to audition for its Spring 2014
Theatre Production.  Auditions will be held in the Studio Theatre of the
Stocker Arts Center, Lorain County Community College campus, 1005 N. Abbe
Rd. in Elyria.

YOU MUST PREPARE: 1) A two-minute action with text (this does not have to be
a theatrical monologue, but it should involve at least some spoken word); 2)
a demonstration of any special skill that you do well (acrobatics, dancing,
puppetry, ventriloquism, juggling, yo-yoing‹anything goes); and a song
played on a musical instrument (can be a kazoo, whistle, spoons, banging two
sticks together, etc., if you don't play a "classical" instrument). You may
also be asked to read selections from the script and to improvise with other
members of your audition group. Please also come prepared to write down all
your schedule conflicts, including your availability for rehearsal during
Spring Break (March 16-23).

Please email Director of Theatre Jeremy Benjamin
at jbenjami at lorainccc.edu to make an appointment for an audition day. State
which day you wish to audition.  There will be no individual time slots
reserved, so please be prepared to stay for the entire block of time.
Please inform us if you must arrive later than 6 pm or leave prior to 10 pm
and we will attempt to accommodate your needs.
Production dates:  Thursday, Friday and Saturday, April 24, 25, and 26.

Rehearsals begin:  March 10. The final rehearsal schedule will depend
somewhat on actors¹ schedule conflicts.

Links to the plays are posted on our audition webpage
www.lorainccc.edu/auditions
For more information, please call Jeremy Benjamin 440-366-7120.

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Director of Theatre
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

³After all of our studies we acquire only that which we put into practice.²

-Goethe