[NEohioPAL] Women and Rumrunners coming in March!

Bette Lou Higgins/Eden Valley Enterprises blhiggins at edenvalleyenterprises.org
Wed Feb 5 15:36:17 PST 2014

Join us for stories about Women and RumRunners in March!

We've got a whole series of women's stories to celebrate women's history
month and a fun presentation about Prohibition on the Great Lakes in March--
something for everyone!  Come have some fun with us

Ohio Women Then And Now

Find out about some extraordinary women during March when we present a
different program each week in March.

We start out with photo-journalist Margaret Bourke-White on Tuesday, March 4
at 7p.m. at Lorain County Community College at 1005 North Abbe Rd. in
Elyria, Ohio.  Alisa Riccardi will portray Margaret during this program
which concentrates on her experiences during WWII -- including the harrowing
story of how she was torpedoed off the coast of Africa with 400 nurses!

Next up -- meet first lady Eleanor Roosevelt on Thursday, March 13 at 7p.m.
at Cuyahoga Community College's East Campus.  Kathie Dice gives a personal
portrayal of this interesting woman who became a spokeswoman for human
rights, children's issues and women's causes.

Anne McEvoy brings persistent Presidential Candidate Victoria Woodhull to
life on Thursday, March 20, at 7p.m. at Cuyahoga Community College's Parma
Campus.  Victoria ran for president (MORE than once!) at a time when she
couldn't even vote for herself!

The series closes on Thursday, March 27, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the Westshore
Campus of Cuyahoga Community College when Betty Zak talks about Six Who Made
A Difference.  Hear the stories of such interesting women as sharp-shooter
Annie Oakley and artist Maya Lin.

Single and Series Tickets are available for these fund raising events
sponsored by Eden Valley and Women Making Moves.  You can purchase them in
advance or at the door – visit our website at
<http://tinyurl.com/ohiowomenthenandnow>
http://tinyurl.com/ohiowomenthenandnow  for complete information

Come to one or come to all -- it promises to be a fun and informative
series!

There were pirates on the Great Lakes!

During Prohibition the Inland Seas were a highway for rumrunning complete
with pirates!  Hear the stories of these dangerous days on the lakes when
Bette Lou Higgins presents YO, HO, HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM at the Maritime
Museum of Sandusky (125 Meigs St. in Sandusky, Ohio) on Saturday, March 22,
2014 a 1 p.m.  The program is included with museum admission. For more
information call 419-624-0274 or visit their website at:
<http://sanduskymaritime.org/> http://sanduskymaritime.org/

Keep up with all our events by checking our calendar regularly --
<http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm>
http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.htm

To arrange for these or any of our programs to be presented for your group,
simply reply to this e-mail with your request for information.

To unsubscribe to this e-mail list, respond to this e-mail with your
request.

Bette Lou Higgins Artistic Director Eden Valley Enterprises
www.edenvalleyenterprises.org