[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS Monday and Tuesday! make appt for CHARLIE BROWN Auditions (4th - 8th gr) at HBTI

Fred Sternfeld hbti_auditions at hb.edu
Sun Feb 9 08:16:22 PST 2014

*testimonial about training and productions from Morgan Faith Williams -
(Helen Keller in TrueNorth's The Miracle Worker; Avon, Ohio)*

*HBTI was the best training program and it helped me improve everything!
Superb! Not only is it fun, but also really serious and helped me a ton. I
love the staff. Acting / Scene Study class with Elana - LOVE. Fred really
helped me with my "act the song."  J Jenny is the best dance teacher I have
ever had - I want her to teach me private lessons!  Jo Li is a great voice
teacher. She not only helped me on my singing but with tension. The King
and I - SUPERB, FUN!!  The Musical Theatre focus was really helpful and
introduced me to things that I've never heard of that improved my dancing,
singing, and acting in many ways.  I would recommend everyone come to HBTI.
You will have a very fun and exotic experience. I am definitely coming back
next year. HBTI IS THE BEST! Morgan Faith Williams*

*MAKE YOUR ONLINE APPT BY CLICKING HERE
<https://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5832&LockSSL=true>*

AUDITIONS

Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute (HBTI) Summer Productions

You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

Winner of Outer Critic's Circle and Drama Desk Awards including BEST MUSICAL

Based on the Comic Strip "Peanuts" by Charles M. Schulz

Book, Music and Lyrics by Clark Gesner

Additional Dialogue by Michael Mayer

Additional Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa

Original Direction for this version of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown"
by Michael Mayer

Originally Produced in New York by Arthur Whitelaw and Gene Persson

Director - Michael Dempsey

Music Director - Elaine Siegel

Set and Prop Designer - Zachariah Durr

Costume Designer - Inda Blatch-Geib

Light Designer - Tobias Peltier

Stage Manager - Will Crosby

PRODUCTION DATES July 18 - 27, 2014, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm,
Sundays at 2:00pm (2 weekends; 6 performances)

presented in Hathaway Brown School's Black Box theatre

ABOUT THE PLAY Good Grief!  Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the whole Peanuts
gang come to Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute.  Based on the popular comic
strip by Charles M. Schultz, this delightful show features classic songs
such as HAPPINESS, SUPPERTIME, THE BASEBALL GAME and the title tune, as
well as brand-new songs and material from the Tony Award-winning Broadway
revival.  Follow a day in the life of these beloved 5-6 year old
characters, as Lucy pursues her infatuation with piano-playing Schroeder,
 Linus loves his blanket, Snoopy lives in his rich imagination, Charlie
Brown seeks to find out what it means to be a "good man," and they all try
to define what "Happiness is..."  It is sure to delight both children and
"former children" alike!

ROLES Principal and Ensemble roles are available for children and teens
from grades 3 - 8.  To view character descriptions of You're A Good Man,
Charlie Brown, click here and view the
"Synopsis."<http://www.tamswitmark.com/musicals/cbr.html>

AUDITIONS

   -

   DATES & TIMES - Monday, February 10 OR Tuesday, February 11 between
   6:00pm and 9:00pm.
   -

   WHERE - The auditions will take place at Hathaway Brown School, 19600
   North Park Boulevard, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122.
   -

   CALLBACKS - Tuesday, February 18 from 6:00 - 9:00pm.

   -

   APPOINTMENTS - To make an audition appointment, go to this link on the
   HB website <https://www.hb.edu/page.cfm?p=5832&LockSSL=true> and fill
   out the online form. You can audition for multiple productions.  You can
   audition for multiple productions.  If you are unable to make these dates,
   an alternate appointment is possible either in person or through Skype.

   -

   PREPARATION -  Please prepare a one minute memorized musical theatre
   selection and a one minute memorized monologue from a play.  MUSIC:
    Songs should be objective-driven (pursuing a goal through a song).  No pop
   songs or hymns, please.  Bring sheet music - an accompanist will be
   provided.   We will have something to read for those without monologues,
   but a prepared piece is preferred.

REHEARSALS

* June 15 - July 10:  Weekdays from 4:00 - 8:00 pm.  There may also be some
Saturday and/or Sunday rehearsals (Saturday: morning or afternoon, Sunday:
afternoon or evening).

* July 10 - 17: Tech week and dress rehearsals:   There is a 12:00 - 10:00
tech day on July 13, then weekdays 5:00 - 10:00 pm until the opening on
July 18.   A dinner break will be built into the weekend rehearsals.

*   Depending upon the size of your role and onstage time, you will be
called to between 2-6 rehearsals per week during the development phase and
then all the rehearsals the last two weeks.

*ELIGIBILITY*

Participation in at least one 2 or 3 week session of "Performance Arts
Training" or "Prime" is required for eligibility to be in a production.
There is a tuition.

QUESTIONS?

If you have a question regarding You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, please
contact Director Michael Dempsey at demzer at gmail.com.