[NEohioPAL] Sunday in the Park with George AUDITIONS @ TrueNorth

Brian McNally bmcnally at metroparks.cc
Mon Feb 10 08:54:38 PST 2014

TrueNorth Cultural Arts in partnership with Lorain County Metro Parks
announces
AUDITIONS for
Sunday in the Park with George
Music and Lyrics by  Stephen Sondheim

Book by  James Lapine

Directed by Martin Friedman
 Musical Direction by Jordan Cooper

The Play:

This is my third time directing Stephen Sondheim's Pulitzer Prize-winning musical play Sunday in the Park with George. I truly believe that Stephen Sondheim is not only the greatest living musical theatre composer but also one of the greatest ever. I am honored to have the opportunity to work on this masterpiece again with musical director Jordan Cooper.
Sunday in the Park with George takes a poignant and compelling look at Post-Impressionist artist Georges Seurat and examines the process of creating art by bringing his "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte" to life. The musical is as much about watching a genius create his masterpiece as it is a commentary on the joys and frustrations of creating art in a commercial world. Sunday's music and lyrics are achingly beautiful. Its songs include "Putting it Together", "Children and Art" and "Sunday in the Park with George". This play is a real testament to the trials and tribulations of the creative genius.
Saturday, February 15TH 2014 / 12pm - 2pm
TrueNorth Cultural Arts
4530 Colorado Ave
Sheffield Village, OH 44054

Callbacks: As Needed

THE ROLES OF CELESTE #1 & #2, JULES, YVONNE AND LOUISE HAVE BEEN CAST. Please prepare a musical theater piece by Stephen Sondheim. Please no a cappella auditions. No need to arrange an appointment time. Also, no need to prepare a monologue. Although the scenes are not very long..... I will have you read directly from the script. For more information please contact either Musical Director Jordan Cooper (jcooper27 at me.com<mailto:jcooper27 at me.com>) or Director Martin Friedman (martinfriedman98 at gmail.com<mailto:martinfriedman98 at gmail.com>).  Rehearsals will begin around March 24, 2014.  ALL ROLES ARE COMPENSATED.  There are no Equity contracts available for this production.

Performance Dates/Times:
May 2nd - 18th
Friday & Saturday @ 7:30pm
Sunday @ 3pm
(School Matinees may also be booked on Fridays @ 10am)

CAST:
George, an artist: Between 25 and 50 years old. Clean shaven
Dot,his mistress: Between 22 and 45 years old.
Franz,servant to Jules and Yvonne: Between 25 and 40 years old.
Frieda,cook for Jules and Yvonne, wife to Franz: Between 25 and 45 years old.
Boatman,: Between 25 and 60 years old.
A Soldier: Between 20 and 30 years old.
An Old Lady: Between 45 and 60 years old.
Her Nurse: Between 25 and 40 years old.
Louis: Between 20 and 40 years old.
Mr: Between 30 and 60 years old.
Mrs: Between 30 and 60 years old.