[NEohioPAL] Basic Audio Engineering for Voice Actors with Home Studios - A Workshop

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neo.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 10:58:34 PST 2014

Basic Audio Engineering for Voice Actors with Home Studios - A Workshop

The problem:

After having been told that there’s no need to learn anything about
audio recording, editing, processing and mixing, many home studio
owners find themselves bobbing on a sea of requirements, jargon and
standards they don’t understand.  They have the “Audacity,” but not
necessarily the capacity.  If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t we all
much happier?

The solution:

Recognize that audio engineering is a craft, just like voiceover.  You
can learn the craft of recording by trial-and-error, or you can skip a
lot of that pain and time, and take this workshop.

What it is:

You’ll learn how digital audio recording works, the mysteries of
sample rates and bit depths, linear PCM (such as .wav) versus data-
compressed files (such as .mp3), how to set proper levels, how to
edit, how to edit faster, several tricks for dealing with noises like
breaths and clicks, how to use audio processing (including EQ, dynamic
compression and de-essing), what the “normalize” and other menu
choices do, how to listen, how to mix, how to send, and how to archive.

What it is not:

This workshop is not about your software, about which a flip I give
not.  If you crave a “Goldwave” tutorial, search elsewhere.

When:

Saturday, February 22nd, 10am to 1pm.

Where:

Here at the Colors Audio studio:  http://www.colorsaudio.com/site.cfm/info/Directions.cfm

How to register:

Send your check for $75 to:

Colors Audio

2215 E. Waterloo Road, Suite 301

Akron, OH 44312

  *** Important:  I must have your return address, phone number and
email. ***

If you’re one of the first six peeps to send a check, I will contact
you to confirm that you’re registered.  If your check comes in after
the class is filled, I will contact you and either put you on
“standby” or return your check immediately, as you choose.

Dan Popp

Sound Czar, Colors Audio