[NEohioPAL] FINAL WEEKEND: CPT's Air Waves is "fearlessly phenomenal."

Cathleen O'Malley comalley at cptonline.org
Wed Feb 12 07:48:04 PST 2014

FINAL WEEKEND: Cleveland Public Theatre's AIR WAVES is "fearlessly phenomenal."
AIR WAVES: Part Three of the Elements Cycle
Now through February 15th

**Thursday tickets just $12!**

Audiences and critics alike are raving about this unique theatrical experience, which weaves sustainability themes into a touching story of loss, wish-fulfillment...and honeybees. Hop aboard the paper airplane for this unforgettable event that asks: Do we own the air we breathe?

Here's what people are saying:

"With song, creative movement, nightmarish poetry and imagery, we swirl around the theme in fascinating ways, bypassing language with experiences that drive straight into our dreams...a must-see, not just for environmentalists, but for caring people anywhere." (Tom Fulton, Cleveland Scene<http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/also-on-stage-air-waves-part-3-of-the-elements-cycle/Content?oid=3778758>)

"A fascinating experience." (Mark Horning, The Examiner<http://www.examiner.com/review/cleveland-public-theatre-s-air-waves-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air>)

"[Director Raymond Bobgan's] site-specific approach to the show's staging keep[s] everyone on their toes as actors and audience alike are led through a series of escalating interludes that riff on the main theme. Kudos to the fearlessly phenomenal ensemble." (Rich Stimac/arts & culture critic, InTheLandofCleve<http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/02/he-viewed-she-viewed-cleveland-public.html>)

"Air Waves was more than a play; it was a life-altering experience. Great job, guys and gals! You folks really think outside of the box and take live theater to a whole new level." (K.P, audience member)

"I really enjoyed Air Waves, and taken by its amazing look. I am not just saying this- it moved me, shaped me, questioned me , and challenges the world around me as an artist and as an audience member. I loved breathing with the story." (T.C, audience member)

"I am still flying from the absolutely amazing performance of Air Waves at CPT tonight....a smart, creative and thought provoking piece. Bravo to you all. Damn it was good." (T.H, audience member)

Shows Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday at 7:30, CPT's Gordon Square Theatre.
Tickets $12 - $28
$12 general admission on Thursdays & Mondays!

**EVERY FRIDAY is Free Beer Friday - mingle with artists after the show and enjoy your drinks on us.

Tickets available at www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org> or (216) 631-2727 x501

Cathleen O'Malley
Director of Audience Engagement & Media Relations
Cleveland Public Theatre
(216) 631-2727 x 212

See what's playing tonight, go to www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org/>