[NEohioPAL] Join us for the Premiere Concert of Contrapunctus!

Judith Overcash jaovercash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:13:39 PST 2014

The premiere concert of NE Ohio's newest professional ensemble,
CONTRAPUNCTUS <http://www.contrapunctus-earlymusic.org>, is only a few
short weeks away!

*"The Life and Times of Mary, Queen of Scots (1542-1587)"*

Featuring a cappella vocal music and organ works from Mary's
lifetime, beautifully sung by some of the region's most gifted voices and
played by the talented organist Elizabeth Lenti, combined with
readings from Mary's own letters and sonnets interpreted by accomplished
actress Denise Larkin.
Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 3:00pm
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral <http://trinitycleveland.org/>
2230 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115

*Mary was Queen Regnant of Scotland, from 14th December, 1542, and Queen
Consort of France from 1558 to 1560. Our concert will be tracing Mary's
turbulent and eventful life from her early days in France, where she
married the Dauphin in 1558, through her disastrous relationship with Queen
Elizabeth I of England, her first cousin once removed.*
*"The Life and Times of Mary, Queen of Scots" will trace Mary's eventful
yet tragic rise and fall through the music of her period, interwoven with
her letters and prayers. Our concert encompasses works from England,
France, Spain, and The Netherlands, including works by Clemens non Papa,
Palestrina, Victoria, Robert Johnson, Tallis, Byrd, Cipriano de Rore,
Alonso Lobo, Jacquet de Mantua and Guillaume Costeley.*

Visit www.contrapunctus-earlymusic.org
<http://www.contrapunctus-earlymusic.org%20/>or phone the box office
at 216.556.2212
for more information, to make your reservation or to purchase advance
tickets - group discounts are available! ($10 Students/Seniors, $15 General
Admission, $20 Reserved Seating)

We hope to see you there!