[NEohioPAL] North canton Playhouse holding auditions for: "MOTHERHOOD Out Loud"

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 17 10:14:55 PST 2014

North Canton Playhouse holding auditions for:

                   " MOTHERHOOD  OUT LOUD "

Friends,
 My
name is Lee Lavery and it is my pleasure to return to the North Canton
Playhouse as a director.  It has been
over thirty years since I directed “The Glass Menagerie” at the former theatre
on Hower Street.  I am excited to
announce that we will presenting MOTHERHOOD OUT LOUD,  a dramatic/comedy revue composed of twenty
short pieces on the subject of motherhood written by some of the American
Theatre and Televlsion’s best writers.

Among
the many stories told in the show (Many based on the authors’ personal
experiences) are a mother chaperoning her autistic son’s first date, a gay man
describing the process by which he became a father, an untraditional mom
meeting up with to yuppie mothers in the park, a mother talking of her soldier
son in Afghanistan, a man moving in with his mother after his divorce, and two
mother meeting in a bridal shop.   There
are pieces on the first day of school, the delivery room, Thanksgiving family
gatherings, high school graduation, and the required parental advice on
sex.   MOTHERHOOD OUT LOUD mixes comedy
and drama. There will also be some musical numbers about motherhood from
Broadway shows.

“Packed
with wisdom, laughter, and plenty of wry surprises.” ……..TheaterMania
“An
evening filled with wit, humor, pathos and enlightenment. Heartfelt & true
to life.”  ...Examiner
 . “Storytelling at its
sweetest.” ……..BackStage

MOTHERHOOD
OUT LOUD was performed in New York and Los Angeles with a cast of three women
and one man.   I am hoping to open it up,
dividing the parts between a larger cast.   I am looking for the following…….
            6-8
women (ages 20’s to 80’s)     2
men
            In smaller supporting roles 2 teen girls, 1 teen boy, 1 younger boy and
1 younger girl.

AUDITIONERS... Should be prepared to cold read from the script.

                     If anyone would like to audition to sing one of the songs in the play be prepared to sing a Capella.
                     This would be a great opportunity for mother/daughters to audition to
be in a show together!  The youngest age will be 7 but looking for
several teens.

AUDITION DATES:  Monday, February 24; Tuesday, February 25.  Wednesday,
February 26 will be for call-backs and anyone who contacts me about not being
able to attend on the other nights. All
auditions start at 7:00 p.m and will be held at the NCP Youth Theatre at 1210 South Main St. North Canton (By Ro's Ice Cream Stand and Demico's Pizza)

PERFORMANCES DATES:  April
25-27:  May 2-4  on Main Stage  at 525 7th st NE North Canton  (inside Hoover High School)

would like to divide the traditional responsibilities of a stage manager into
two positions.

I am looking for an assistant to the director who would help me
with auditions, attend rehearsals, record blocking, and handle such things as
prompting and attendance.

I would also
like to have a stage manager who would work with the techies and run the show
during performance,

would also like to hear from anyone interested in set design, set construction,
props or costumes.

If
you have any questions or wish to speak to me, contact me at ldouglavery at gmail.com.

Delorna Toy