[NEohioPAL] Olmsted Performing Arts presents Romeo and Juliet

Brandon Smith brandon.smith at olmstedperformingarts.com
Tue Feb 18 10:35:36 PST 2014

*Olmsted Performing Arts presents*

*Romeo and Juliet*
*March 3rd: Preview Night, 7pm*
*March 6th: 7pm*
*March 7th: 7pm*
*March 8th: 7pm*
*March 9th: 2pm*

*Tickets available online at http://www.olmstedperformingarts.com
<http://www.olmstedperformingarts.com> OR by calling (440) 235.6722*
*All Tickets are $16.25*

*There will be a 30 minute preshow featuring performances of original music
on the themes of Romeo and Juliet in the OPAC lobby. Patrons are invited to
come early and enjoy a glass of wine as well!*

*About the Preshow*

*Romeo and Juliet, which is probably Shakespeare's most famous story,
captures and presents themes of youth, love, revenge, and division that
have had relevance to all people, inspiring much modern fiction and
spectacle, including West Side Story and the Hatfield and McCoy dramas. The
pre-show begins with a song (drawing from Shakespeare's sonnet "Shall I
compare thee to a summers day"), mirroring the affection between Romeo and
Juliet, and continues through several more songs containing similar
situation-based texts. A final song sung by all three performers bids us to
remember the bitter beauty of the story, but also the bitter tragedy that
we as the audience can identify with. I hope that the music will move you,
and show you some of the things that we found to be beautiful about this
play, Romeo and Juliet.--Lawrence Wallace, Director*

--
Brandon Smith
brandon.smith at olmstedperformingarts.com
440.235.6722