[NEohioPAL] HE VIEWED, SHE VIEWED REVIEWS: "Carrie the Musical" at Beck Center for the Arts

backstagewriter at aol.com backstagewriter at aol.com
Thu Feb 20 10:38:43 PST 2014

 HE VIEWED SHE VIEWED:
'Carrie' Creates Musical Mayhem in a
Bloody Good Production at Beck Center

HE VIEWED by Rich Stimac

Stephen King sure knows what scares us, and it's not always creepy clowns or killer cars or haunted hotels. Sometimes it's our neighbors. Sometimes it's ourselves. Sometimes it's just human nature.

"Carrie" was King's breakthrough novel, which led to a very popular film and a very short-lived Broadway musical. Now the scary stage version is back at Beck Center for the Arts, and in the diligent, dexterous hands of director Victoria Bussert, indelible actress Caitlin Houlahan, and a cool and confident cast and crew, one can finally dare to utter the words: "Carrie the Musical" is a...

SHE VIEWED by Vivian Luther

Stephen King's "Carrie" as a stage play?? A musical? Really?? Yes, really and this production at Beck Center for the Arts is really, really a MUST see theatrical event!?

Although the book and movie came out in the 1970's, the story of Carrie remains very relevant today as we wrestle with the issue of bullying in our schools and on the Internet.? Carrie is representative of the typical introverted, socially awkward high school girl dealing with abuse from the ultra popular, attractive "mean girl," in this case...

SENIOR VIEWED by Marianne Luther

"Carrie, the Musical" -- currently running at the Beck Center -- comprises study cases found in Psychology manuals.? Extremes in human emotions are skillfully portrayed by the dedicated and energetic young cast members.

Credit should go to the mother-daughter duo played by Katherine DeBoer and Caitlin Houlahan, director Victoria Bussert, choreographer Gregory Daniels and all the spirited cast members.? You definitely do not leave the theatre singing a happy tune, but perhaps more importantly...

READ THE FULL REVIEWS AT:

http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/02/he-viewed-she-viewed-carrie-creates.html