[NEohioPAL] What's In The Box? Weathervane's Ten Minute Play Contest

Eileen Moushey emoushey at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 11:29:48 PST 2014

What’s in the box at Weathervane?
  That’s a question that playwrights entering the fourth annual Weathervane 8x10 TheatreFest will have to consider.   Each ten minute play submitted must include a special prop - an ornate box.   To see the box and other playwright info -  including entry guidelines and rules -   visit this page.

  Volunteer reader/judges are already reading plays and we love to have Northeast Ohio entries!   Deadline for submissions is 5pm, Friday, May 16, 2014.   We usually get a crush as the deadline approaches so don’t wait!

  After the contest closes, we’ll have a marathon session of readings and discussions and will choose eight finalist plays.   These will be performed 3 times over TheatreFest Weekend - JULY 11-13, 2014.    Each finalist playwright is guaranteed a cash prize of at least $50.   The top three, as chosen by TheatreFest audience members, will receive $350, $250, and $150, respectively.

  Questions?  Contact
  Eileen Moushey, Coordinator, Weathervane Playhouse 8x10 TheatreFest.