[NEohioPAL] This Month at CVLT: "Belle of Amherst", "Curious Savage", Youth Theatre's "Alice in Wonderland"

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri Feb 28 14:30:15 PST 2014

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  March 2014 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in March...*
      o *March 1 - March 2:* CVLT Youth Theatre's ALICE IN WONDERLAND
        <https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?show=42408>
      o *March 1 - March 8:* THE BELLE OF AMHERST
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
        at The River Street Playhouse
      o *March 28 - April 12:* THE CURIOUS SAVAGE
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
        (Comedy)
  * *Open Auditions...*
      o Coming soon, auditions for 'Twentieth Century', 'A Chorus Line'
        and 'The Exit Interview'
  * *Coming in April...*
      o *March 28 - April 12:* THE CURIOUS SAVAGE
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
        (Comedy)
      o *April 25 - May 10:* THE LAST ROMANCE
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/lastromance.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
        at The River Street Playhouse

Please take our
brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *CVLT's people and performances continue to make us proud!*

People and performance make CVLT the top Community Theatre that it is.
This month, we extend our congratulations to:

*Sheriff Dan McClelland*, a frequent performer at the Theatre's /Murder
By The Falls/ benefits, who is being honored as the Geauga County 2014
Emerald Leader of the Year at the Emerald Ball on March 1 at the
Federated Community Center in Bainbridge Township.

We also congratulate CVLT's President *Tom Neff*, who was honored by the
Chagrin Valley Jaycees on February 3 at the Raintree in Chagrin Falls
with their Distinguished Service Award for 2013.

*Sue Beattie's* memorable portrayal of Emily Dickinson in *THE BELLE OF
AMHERST*
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
(now through March 8) has been packing the seats at our River Street
Playhouse. Those who read the poetry of Ms. Dickinson in high school or
college English classes will fondly remember a number of passages Sue
recites, and will come away with a new appreciation for the woman who
wrote them.

*Laurel Bryant*, who has appeared in numerous CVLT productions and
earned her directing spurs at the River Street Playhouse now moves to
Main Stage as she directs the hilarious *THE CURIOUS SAVAGE*
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>
on Main Stage from March 21 through April 5.

Congratulations to all of the above, and the rest of the hard-working
volunteers who keep our theater entertaining.

Keep up with CVLT and see tons of photos and more on our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> page, and follow us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */The Curious Savage
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>/*

*by JOHN PATRICK*

*March 28 - April 12, 2014
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$18 regular, $14 students and seniors

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/curioussavage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by LAUREL BRYANT*

*Starring:
*Priscilla Kaczuk, Talia Valline, David Gaines, Sue Cohen, Laura Hart,
Mark DePompei, Chris DiMichele, Lisa Tarr, Bobby Thomas, Erika Hansen,
and Craig Gifford

In this comedy, Mrs. Ethel P. Savage has been left $10,000,000 by her
husband and her adult stepchildren want to get their hands on it.

They commit her to a "sanatorium" hoping to "bring her to her senses,"
but Mrs. Savage is determined to establish a fund to help others realize
their hopes and dreams. In the sanatorium she meets social misfits who
need just the sort of help that Mrs. Savage can provide. Mrs. Savage
soon conspires with her new friends to put an end to the children's
greedy plans!

    */The Belle of Amherst
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>/*

*NOW - March 8, 2014
Friday & Saturday nights at 8:00 PM *

*Tickets: *$12 all seats, general admission

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/belleofamherst.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by SHELLEY BLOOMFIELD & BILL ROWE
SUE BEATTIE as Emily Dickinson *

The poems of Emily Dickinson you may have studied in school. From your
days in English class, perhaps you recall some favorite verse. You
likely may also have read about her white dress and learned of her
reputation as a recluse, but what of the thousands of /un/-published
poems discovered after her death? What of the likes, loves, heartaches,
joys, sorrows and triumphs of one of our great American poets? What did
she draw on for inspiration? Join us to find out!

William Luce explores the life of America's greatest female poet, from
hopeful and successful teenager to the reclusive woman she became in her
later years.

Actress Sue Beattie recreates the world of this literary legend through
excerpts from her poetry, diaries and personal writings, portraying her
father, teacher, friends, and the poet herself.

    STILL TO COME IN CVLT's 84th CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>

Full info and ticket purchasing online at http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar2014>

  * *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra* (May 2 - 3, 2014)
  * *THE LAST ROMANCE* (April 25 - May 10, 2014)
    a romantic comedy by Joe DiPietro (River Street Playhouse)
  * *TWENTIETH CENTURY* (May 30 - June 21, 2014)
    a comedy by Ken Ludwig
  * *A CHORUS LINE* (July 18 - August 16, 2014)/- musical /
    the landmark musical with songs by Marvin Hamlisch
  * *THE EXIT INTERVIEW* (July 25 - August 9, 2014)
    a comedy by William Missouri Downs (River Street Playhouse)

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
|Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

CVLT Monthly Email