[NEohioPAL] CALLING ALL ACTORS, SINGERS, RAPPERS, MUSICIANS, DANCERS WHO BELIEVE IN EQUALITY!

Tessa Gaffney tmg81 at zips.uakron.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:30:00 PST 2014

Despite several roadblocks, EraAir Theatre Company is going forward with
its first endeavor. In order to raise money for the restoration of the
stages, spread awareness of our mission, and give potential audiences a
taste of what's to come, we are putting on a show!

"Hope Will Never Be Silent" is a musical revue that chronicles the gay
rights movement. It is a collection of real stories from local people about
their experiences with coming out, bullying, and love juxtaposed with songs
that exemplify the hate, courage, and hope that surround the fight for
equality. It isn't a fictional tale or a historical piece - it is a true
account of what is happening right here, right now to human beings who have
been systematically detested, ridiculed, and marginalized for far too long.
The Interbelt, another Akron landmark with a history of being a sanctuary
for the oppressed, its very existence emanating subversion in the face of
subjugation, has agreed to allow us to perform our production on its stage
on Friday, March 28 at 7pm and Saturday, March 29 at 2:30pm.

The songs in the show are:
- Louder than Words - Tick, Tick... BOOM!
- Do You Hear the People Sing? - Les Miserables
- Wish I Were Here - Next to Normal
- You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - The Beatles
- I Got Life - Hair
- Pieces of You - Jewel
- Deny Your Creation - Out of My Head
- Turn It Off - Book of Mormon
- Dear Mr. President - Pink
- Carbon Monoxide/Samson - Regina Spektor
- Same Love - Macklemore
- Blowin' in the Wind - Bob Dylan
- Love Heals - Jonathan Larson

If you know any of these songs and are interested in performing (or if you
have a song in your repertoire that you believe represents the history of
the gay movement or the people it encompasses, we are open to
suggestions!), please email us with any special talents you possess
(instruments you play, dance training, accents, etc.), your song preference
- if you have one, and your availability through the end of March. Of
course, we know everyone's busy and we are asking for a minimal time
commitment - if we could just meet a couple times as a cast to discuss the
intention for the show, learn simple choreography for group numbers, and
one tech rehearsal, that would be more than sufficient!

Thank you and we hope to hear from all you talented Akronites! Hate
persists... but hope will never be silent.

Tessa Gaffney
EraAir Theatre Company's Director of Theatrical Production
tmg81 at zips.uakron.edu