[NEohioPAL] HE VIEWED SHE VIEWED: Great Lakes Theater's "Deathtrap" Twists, Turns and Thrills Theatregoers

backstagewriter at aol.com backstagewriter at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 12:50:18 PST 2014

 HE VIEWED SHE VIEWED:?

Great Lakes Theater's "Deathtrap" Twists, Turns and Thrills Theatregoers

This is one in a series of reviews on LandOfCleve.net that feature the dual and (sometimes dueling) perspectives of entertainment critics Rich Stimac and Vivian Luther from HeViewedSheViewed.com. If you would like to invite them to cover your next stage production, movie screening, art show or public event, email them at inthelandofcleve at gmail.com.

?

WHO: Great Lakes Theater

WHAT: "Deathtrap"?

WHEN: Now through March 16

WHERE: Hanna Theatre, Playhouse Square

HOW: Buy tickets at?GreatLakesTheater.org?or call?216.241.6000
?

SHE VIEWED?by Vivian Luther

If you are looking for a fun, exciting night out, please look no further and get yourself to the Hanna Theater to see "Deathtrap," now playing through March 16th. This deliciously involved murder mystery will have you watching for clues, laughing at jokes, jumping from surprise, and finally gasping in disbelief. Never a dull moment, this production will keep you thoroughly entertained while seated in this beautiful theatre sipping on a glass of wine or the show's signature drink, "To Die For."

"Deathtrap" follows the story of a somewhat passe mystery writer and his wealthy but not so healthy wife. Sidney recently held a seminar for amateur writers, and one of the students, Clifford Anderson, mails his play to Sidney for his critique. Sidney thinks the play, titled "Deathtrap," is fantastic and a sure to be a Broadway hit. Myra suggests that they invite the young playwright to their home to convince him to collaborate with Sidney so that he may get in on the sure-to-come success. From that point the play takes more zigs and zags than a detour on Carnegie...

HE VIEWED?by Rich Stimac

I was going to write an amazing article about "Deathtrap," but then I read my partner's review and I realized that hers was a critique worth killing for!

However, cooler heads prevailed, and so here's my version (I swear I did not plagiarize!)...

Read the rest at -- http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/02/he-viewed-she-viewed-great-lakes.html