[NEohioPAL] Read-Through of Comedic Play "Six Chicks in the Sticks" -- March 11 at 7pm

backstagewriter at aol.com backstagewriter at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 11:48:16 PST 2014

 Actresses Needed for Read-Through of Comedic Play

"Six Chicks in the Sticks"

Tuesday, March 11 at 7pm

We are casting for actresses to do a pre-production read-through of a new play. This is a non-union, non-paid project.

The read-through will be next Tuesday evening, March 11, from 7-8pm in downtown Cleveland. If you are interested and available, email inthelandofcleve at gmail.com with your top 3 desired roles in order of interest. Please attach a current headshot and resume. We will only confirm with role and script if we can use you, otherwise we will keep you on our casting list for future projects.

-----------

SIX CHICKS IN THE STICKS copyright 2014

Synopsis: A female bowling team battles and bonds together in a remote cabin while on a weekend tournament trip. During their stay, one bowler haphazardly tries to decide which of her teammates should be her maid of honor; the team chaperone discovers someone has been sleeping with her husband; two of the women reveal unexpected feelings for each other; and another bowler falls in love with the local serial killer.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Blair “Twinkles” Landers – Good bowler. Single with boyfriend (but she also has conflicted feelings for someone else). Works as a personal coordinator. Classy lady.

Andrea “Flirty” Jakovitch – Above average bowler. Married. Works retail at Lingerie for Less, and is also a part-time bartender. Bar chick.

Cat “Splits” Zukowski – Very good bowler. Married, but the marriage has gone stale after 12 years and two kids. Housewife. The tough one.

Dawn “Turkey” Dell – Great bowler. Secretly engaged. Dawn is planning to ask her teammates to be her bridesmaids, can’t decide which of them should be the maid of honor. Nice girl.

Roxie “Ethel” McMerman – Excellent bowler. Single. Roxie seems happy and adjusted, but starts having suspicions that there is a serial killer stalking the cabin. The cheerleader.

Lisette “The Alternate” – Single. She is nice and friendly, but underappreciated. Most of the team thinks the Alternate is scheming to sabotage them and get in the game, when in reality she isn’t. The Alternate is sleeping with another woman’s husband, however.

Miss Harris aka “Hardass” – The team chaperone. Former bowling champion, strict, old-fashioned, and worried about her marriage.

Gertie “Gutterball” Garbanzo – The anchorwoman on the opposing team, a braggart, gruff on the outside but down-to-earth when you get to know her.