[NEohioPAL] A THOUSAND CRANES and FREE workshops at TrueNorth

Brian McNally bmcnally at metroparks.cc
Mon Mar 10 10:23:20 PDT 2014

TrueNorth Cultural Arts in partnership with Lorain County Metro Parks is proud to present...

A Thousand Cranes

by Kathryn Schultz Miller

directed by Skip Corris

FEATURING
Dave Cotton
Katie Lam
Sandra Manos
Julie Marchand
Brandon Schumacker

Based on a true story, this heartwarming & poignant play follows Sadako Saski, a young girl who was just two-years-old when the bomb was dropped on her city, Hiroshima.  Ten years later she battles leukemia resulting from her exposure to radiation caused by the bomb.  Kenji, Sadako's friend, reminds her about an old Japanese legend: if she folds 1,000 origami cranes, the gods will grant her wish to be healthy again.  Sadako's final message to the world is one of hope: "This is our cry, this is our prayer, peace in the world."

PERFORMANCES
March 14-16
Fri & Sat at 6:30pm
Sat & Sun at 3pm

TICKETS
Adult $15
Youth $10

(440) 949-5200 ext 221 or visit TNCArts.org

FREE ORIGAMI WORKSHOPS

Friday, March 14
7:15pm-8pm (after the 6:30pm show)
Led by Ohio Paper Folders

Saturday, March 15
4:30pm-6pm (between the 3pm & 6:30pm shows)
Led by James W. Peake

TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located within the French Creek Nature & Art Center / 4530 Colorado Ave / Sheffield Village / 44054