[NEohioPAL] Sober St. Patrick's Day - music & dance March 17th

Jack Kilroy jpk1798 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:42:12 PDT 2014

*New Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) event is Coming To Avon Lake in 2014!*

*Fourth American City to Join Growing National Movement of Family-Friendly,
Alcohol-Free Events on March 17th*

 It's a great day for the Irish (and their friends) every St. Patrick's Day
as celebrations abound but in 2014 the Cleveland area will see a new and
different kind of celebration as Cleveland joins the growing movement
for a *Sober
St. Patrick's Day(R)* alternative.

*The Cleveland area Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) Celebration will take place on
*

*March 17th  from 5pm until 8p at Ahern's Banquet Center, 726 Avon Belden
Road, *

*Avon Lake, Ohio 44012.*

*Sober St. Patrick's Day(R)- Cleveland *offers outstanding Irish
entertainment with performances by Mary Agnes Kennedy (guitar and vocals)
singing traditional Irish ballads; Patrick Kilroy on bagpipes; The Burke
School of Irish Dance; the popular trio *Fior Gael* with traditional Irish
tunes and songs.  Fior Gael features Brian Bigley, tin whistle & uillean
pipes, Rory Hurley, guitar & vocals, and Nikki Custy, fiddle and vocals.

The purpose of *Sober St. Patrick's Day(R)* is captured in the organization's
mission statement: *"To reclaim the true spirit of the day and to change
the perception and experience of what St. Patrick's Day can be, by
providing family-friendly, alcohol free events celebrating the best of
Irish music, dance and entertainment."*

*Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) *was created in New York City by award-winning
theater and television producer, William Spencer Reilly, who almost lost a
member of his family to addiction nine years ago. He first proposed the
idea to leaders in the recovery and Irish American communities, a pitch
that led, a year later, to the 2012 inaugural party. Now an annual event,
Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) was held again with a sold-out auditorium on March
16, 2013; parade day in New York City.  As word spread, Sober St. Patrick's
Day(R) celebrations were successfully staged in Casper, Wyoming, and across
the Atlantic in Belfast in 2013.  Cleveland joins the movement as the
fourth city to produce a Sober St. Patrick's Day event.  Pictures, videos,
and the brief history of *Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) *can be seen on the
website. *www.soberstpatricksday.org <http://www.soberstpatricksday.org>*.

"Cleveland has an active Irish community with more than twenty-five Irish
organizations and events all year around.  *Sober St. Patrick's Day(R), *while
the newest, is quite appropriate, as Cleveland has been in the forefront of
the recovery movement since Sister Ignatia Gavin, an Irish immigrant,
founded Rosary Hall in 1952," explained Jack Kilroy, producer for the
Cleveland event.

Event Chair Bill Denihan, a noted civic leader in Cleveland, added,
"Finally, a place to enjoy Saint Patrick's Day - our heritage, our dance,
our song, and our fellowship - without alcohol!"

            Noel Kilkenny, Consul General of Ireland,  attended the Sober
St. Patrick's Day(R) 2012 & 2013 in New York City and commented, *"I really
like the idea of having a special event on this holiday for Americans of
Irish heritage [and those] who are in recovery from alcoholism, to
celebrate our shared heritage in a safe and inclusive environment."*

Admission will be $10 per person with coffee, tea, and soft drinks provided
along with. hors d'oeuvres.  The Sober St. Patrick's Day(R) - Cleveland event
is a family-friendly, alcohol-free party.  Ahern's Banquet Center has ample
free parking and is convenient to I-90 just north of the Rte 83 - Avon
exit.  Tickets can be purchased in advance at
*www.soberstpatricksday.org*<http://www.soberstpatricksday.org/>
*.*

Sober St. Patrick's Day is made possible by the support of Recovery
Resources, Lorain County Alcohol & Drug Abuse Services (LCADA), the Women's
Recovery Center and the Lorain County Labor Agency.

*Contact: Jack Kilroy, 440-759-1253 or jpk1798 at gmail.com
<jpk1798 at gmail.com>*

--
Jack Kilroy
Tel. 440-759-1253

Irish Proverb -
"Is fada an bóthar nach mbíonn casadh ann."
*It is a long road that has no turning.*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-P-Kilroy-Co-LPA/227957677221720
www.jackkilroy.com