[NEohioPAL] WORKSHOP: CPT presents master class with dog & pony dc

Faye Hargate FHargate at cptonline.org
Wed Mar 12 10:05:52 PDT 2014

Cleveland Public Theatre presents

master class workshop
with award winning, DC based theatre ensemble dog & pony dc<http://www.dogandponydc.com/>

INSPIRED INTERACTION WORKSHOP
Sunday, April 13th, 10am-4pm
Led by Wyckham Avery
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave, Cleve, OH
$75.00
ENROLLMENT DEALINE: April 5th 2014

INSPIRED INTERACTION will immerse participants in the dual worlds of collective co-creation and interactive performance. During small and large group exercises, participants will learn theatre devising techniques. These will be applied during a devising task in which participants, along with dog & pony dc ensemble members, will create original short works in response to a "source of inspiration" (a short text selection or audio clip). Curiosity, vulnerability, and enthusiasm will be integral to the shaping of performances that walk a fine line between scripted and improvised. This workshop will culminate in a sharing of work, followed by a critical review and discussion of the collaborative process. It may seem otherwise, but no performance experience is necessary; we welcome collaborators from all backgrounds.  Let's play together! Space is limited.

dog & pony dc<http://www.dogandponydc.com/> is an ensemble-based devised theatre company focused on providing audiences new ways to experience theatre. Whether it's a raucous game show where the stakes are your very survival, or an imagined civic ceremony that ignites debate about a time capsule's contents, d&pdc shows playfully explore the elastic relationship between artist and audience. We like to think that going to our shows is like going to a concert... a rock concert. Everyone's energized and engaged in the moment, and sometimes the audience joins in the performance. We're big fans of moustaches and props.

Wyckham Avery is the Theatre Director for The New School of Northern Virginia.  As a conspirator with dog & pony dc, Wyckham directed Separated at Birth, PUNCH!--that's the way we do it, and Cymbeline, and performed in COURAGE, Beertown, and A Killing Game. She is currently developing a new solo show, Just Sing Me a Song, based on the life and music of Ola Belle Reed. She performed in Woolly Mammoth's Full Circle by Charles Mee, directed by Michael Rohd, Dead City and The Skin of Our Teeth with Rorschach Theatre, The Taming of the Shrew at the Shakespeare Theatre Company, the Capitol Fringe Festival in her solo clown show, Cordelia's Fool and as Hecuba in Referendum/PAC's Trojan Women. She directed [eureka], a solo physical comedy show by Patrick Bussink for Forum Theatre. She performs and teaches clowning, commedia dell'arte, and physical theatre in the DC area. She is an affiliated Teaching Artist with the Shakespeare Theatre Company and the Folger Shakespeare Library. Wyckham received her MFA in acting from the Catholic University of America and trained at the Dell' Arte International School of Physical Theatre and the New England Center for Circus Arts.

TO ENROLL IN WORKSHOP Contact Education Associate, Faye Hargate at fhargate at cptonline.org<mailto:fhargate at cptonline.org> or 216.631.2727 x207. Once payment is received, your spot in the workshop will be secured.

Faye Hargate
Education Associate
216.631.2727 x207
www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org/>

Faye is a 2014 Creative Workforce Fellow for theatre. The Creative Workforce Fellowship is a program of the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture. The Fellowship program is supported by the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF3DF3.CC0AA270]