[NEohioPAL] Amherst's Workshop Players Seeking Directors for 2015-2016

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:13:12 PDT 2014

Dear Potential Director,

 Only one week remains before applications to direct at Workshop Players
during the 2015-2016 season are due.  April 1st is the deadline.  No joke!!

Those of you who have already applied will soon be contacted about coming
in to interview with the Board of Trustees sometime during the first two
weeks of April.

The process goes as follows.

*Applications are forwarded to members of the Board of Trustees for review.

*Interviews are conducted with each of the candidates.  Theatrical
backgrounds,
 directing philosophies, details about the shows submitted will be part of
the interview.

*Once all interviews have been completed, the Board of Trustees will select
and
 commit to five directors for the 2015-2016 season.

*The Play Reading Committee will then read all submitted scripts in between
 May 1 and August 3rd.  They will discuss and narrow the choices to two per
 director. Feedback will be sent to the directors during this time period.

*During the last two weeks of August the directors will meet with the
Play Reading
Committee to discuss specifics of the two plays chosen.

*The Play Reading Committee will determine two possible seasons to present
 to the Board who will then approve one or the other.

*Directors will be notified.  The season will be chosen in time for it to
appear on
 Amherst's Community calendar.  Rights will be obtained and Workshop
Players will begin the process of creating a brochure.

We do hope that you will be part of this process.  Using this procedure
Workshop
has been able to mix new directors in with those who have directed in our
space before.
It is important to note that we are a volunteer organization.

 Please send theatrical resume, a list of plays you are interested in
directing, along with a brief description of each and why you believe these
plays would work in our space.   April 1st is the deadline.

Thank you for considering working with us.  We look forward to meeting with
you.

Pat Price
Play Reading Committee Chair
joeandpatprice at ceneturytel.net   (Send application to this e-mail address. )

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"