[NEohioPAL] Actors' Summit 15th Anniversary

Neil Thackaberry thackaberryn at actorssummit.org
Tue Apr 8 17:23:55 PDT 2014

For Immediate Release

For additional information

Call Neil Thackaberry

330-374-7568

*Happy Birthday Actors' Summit!*

On April 8th, 1999, Actors' Summit, a nonprofit professional theater, gave
its first performance.  It was Arthur Miller's "The Price" featuring Morgan
Lund, Paula Duesing, Glenn Colerider, and Neil Thackaberry.  The production
was considered by long time Plain Dealer critic Marianne Evett to be one of
the top 10 productions in her career as a critic.

Since then the theater has produced 124 shows, created 578 jobs for actors,
including 245 Equity actors, hired 25 musical directors, 21 pit musicians,
15 guest directors, 124 stage managers, 2 choreographers, 3 lighting
designers, 1 costume designer, 1 prop designer, and 3 set designers)

Our alumni include (among many others):  Eryn Murman who played on Broadway
in  "Spring Awakening" for 18 months, Jack Scott currently in "Newsies" on
Broadway, CJ Bonde currently on tour with the Missoula Montana Children's
Theatre, and Laura Cook performing with Disney Cruise Lines.

Actors' Summit produced the regional premiers of a dozen prominent Broadway
shows like "Copenhagen," "Freud's Last Session," "Golda's Balcony," and the
regional premiere of the Off-Broadway hit  "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now
Change!"

The theater premiered 2 of Eric Coble's plays, including "Girl's Guide to
Coffee," the 1st script in his trilogy that ends with "Velocity of Autumn"
now on Broadway, 2 plays by Bob Noll, 3 scripts by Wayne Turney (former
Cleveland Playhouse Company member - now at DeSales University), 1 script
by Dorothy and Reuben Silver and 3 scripts by Neil Thackaberry.  Actors'
Summit also commissioned original music for 4 of our shows.

The theater has relocated (sets, lights, costumes, props, platforms, and
seats) 11 times.

Actors' Summit has also hired, unknowingly, 2 Jeopardy! champions -- George
Roth, and the current champ Arthur Chu.

"We thank all the artists, audiences, volunteers, donors, and foundations
who have helped to keep local, professional theater alive," said MaryJo
Alexander, Artistic CoDirector.