[NEohioPAL] Auditions For Baldwin-Wallace Men's Chorus

RICHARD FOOTE rcfoote at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 11 19:33:58 PDT 2014

BALDWIN-WALLACE UNIVERSITY MEN'S CHORUS

The Baldwin-Wallace Men's Chorus is a non-credited ensemble, currently about 100 members, at the B-W Conservatory of Music, and is affiliated with the Conservatory Outreach program and Intercollegiate Men's Choruses, Inc.  The Chorus is auditioning new members, to include students from area colleges, former collegiate glee clubs and adult community members, for its 2014-2015 season (late August to early May).  We are scheduled to sing six concerts, plus a live Christmas-season sing on WCLV, and we will sing the National Anthem at an Indians game. Samples of musical selections can be heard on the B-W Men's Chorus Facebook page, and on YouTube, and at our concert on Sunday, May 4th at 4 PM.  Rehearsals are scheduled Tuesday 7-9 PM at Baldwin-Wallace University.  Previous musical experience and sight reading skills are preferred.  The audition process will include singing a prepared piece, preferably a classical or art song, or "My Country 'Tis of
 Thee" (accompanist provided), and minimal sight reading of one's part in a four-part hymn-like setting.  Auditions are by appointment only and will be held from 5 to 8 PM on Monday, May 5th and Monday, June 2nd at Boesel Musical Arts Center, 49 Seminary St. (at Church), Berea (44017).  Contact the Director, Frank Bianchi (fbianchi at bw.edu) to schedule an audition or for questions regarding the Chorus.  Annual membership costs are $50 for students and $150 for community members.  There are discounts available for early payment, and some partial scholarships are available for members unable to meet the entire cost.