[NEohioPAL] Huron Summer Theatre seeks musicians for summer productions

guspainter at aol.com guspainter at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 13:15:18 PDT 2014

Hi, I'm Josh Cutting, and I will be serving as the conductor for the pit orchestra for the Huron Summer theatre's productions this year. I am seeking musicians for each of the musicals.  This is a paid gig.
Here is the information for the shows

The Producers- June 26th - 29th

Nunsensations- July 3-7th

Camelot- July 24th-27th

The above dates are the production dates.  As I understand past practice, the orchestra has done a read through rehearsal, then a sitzprobe followed by a full tech week prior to production.  We are going to follow the same schedule for this summer.  Below I am listing the full dates, including read through and tech rehearsals, and the instrumentation needed for each show.

The Producers
Read through- Wednesday June 18th 7-10
Sitzprobe with cast- Sunday June 22nd 2-5, then evening rehearsal, times TBD
Tech will run full week prior to show in the evenings, 6-10 approximately
(MTI website has been down for a couple of days.  Here is a link that outlines instrumentation needed http://www.scribd.com/collections/2528914/The-Producers-Orchestra-Parts)

Nunsensations

Read through- Sunday June 29th 2-5
Sitzprobe with cast- Monday June 30th eveing, then evening rehearsal, times TBD
Tech will run full week prior to show in the evenings, 6-10 approximately

 Instrumentation needed:

1
Reed: Flute, Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone & Alto Saxophone

1
Percussion
Timpani (two pedal drums)
Bells
Chimes
Xylophone
Trap set:

Snare Drum
Bass Drum
Floor Tom
Cymbals (Hi-Hat, Ride, Splash, Crash)

Wood Block
Cow Bell
Gong
Cabasa
Mark Tree
Tambourine
Triangle
Slapstick
Siren Whistle
Slide Whistle (optional)

1
Synthesizer (an upper keyboard for color registrations and a lower keyboard for Bass)

Camelot
Read through- Wednesday July 16th 7-10
Sitzprobe with cast- Sunday July 20th 2-5, then evening rehearsal, times TBD
Tech will run full week prior to show in the evenings, 6-10 approximately

 Instrumentation needed

2
Violins A

1
Violin B

1
Viola

1
Cello

1
Bass

1
Flute - Piccolo

1
Oboe - English Horn

1
Clarinet I

1
Clarinet II - Eb Clarinet & Bass Clarinet & Flute or Clarinet & Bass Clarinet

1
Bassoon

1
Horn I & II

1
Horn III

1
Trumpets I & II

1
Trumpets III

1
Trombone I

1
Trombone II

1
Percussion:
Timpani (2 Drums)
Snare Drum (Brushes & Sticks)
Military Field Drum
Tom Toms (2 Pitches)
Bass Drum
Suspended Cymbal
Hi - Hat Cymbals

Glockenspiel (Soft & Hard Mallets)
Xylophone (Soft & Hard Mallets)
Triangle
Wood Block
Tambourine
Tam Tam

1
Guitar - Lute - Mandolin

1
Harp

As you can see, because of the close proximity of the shows, there will be some overlap with The Producers and Nunsensations.

Renumeration will be approximately 9 services (rehearsals and performances) @ $40 per service.

Please respond to this email, GusPainter at aol.com. Or I can be reached at my cell phone # 216-832-0989 if you are available and willing to play, and which shows you would be available for.  (All would be great, but not required)

I really hope that you will all be able to be apart of this summer's productions.  We're looking to fill parts ASAP, so please respond at your very earliest convenience.

Sincerely
Josh Cutting