[NEohioPAL] Fwd: Amherst's Workshop Players Opens "Moonlight and Magnolias", A Comedy By Ron Hutchinson In 2 Weeks!!

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 09:55:20 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Workshop Players Presents
Moonlight and Magnolias
by Ron Hutchinson
Directed by Brad Sales

The screenplay for Gone With the Wind isn’t working. This play revolves
around legendary producer David O. Selznick’s (Jonathan McCleery) efforts
to pull Margaret Mitchell’s masterpiece out of the doldrums by enlisting
famed Director Victor Fleming (Dennis Runkle_ and hiring screen writer Ben
Hecht (Dale Hruska) to spiff up the script. Problem: Hect has never read
the book, so the three men lock themselves in MGM’s office while Fleming
and Selznick act out scenes for the writer. Side splitting comedy
ensues….like grown men enacting, “I don’t know nothin’ ‘bout birthin’ no
babies”…….It’s The Gone With the Wind that’s known and loved today, but as
it’s never been seen before! Kristina Rivera portrays Selznick's
long-suffering secretary.

Performances are April 24, 25, 26; May 2, 3, 9, 10at 8 p.m., with Sunday
matinees on April 27, May 4 and 11 at 3 p.m.

Doors open 45 minutes before show. Each performance can accommodate
two wheelchairs.

Tickets are $12.00 each. Groups of 15 or more $10.00 each.

Advance reservations strongly suggested online at
www.workshopplayers.com or by calling the box office at 440-988-5613.

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"