[NEohioPAL] Corrected: Mamai Theatre Company presents: all-star ULYSSES IN NIGHTTOWN benefit

Bernadette Clemens clemens.bernadette at gmail.com
Fri May 2 05:06:36 PDT 2014

Mamaí Theatre Company Opens Season 2
with an All-Star Benefit at Nighttown

*a benefit evening...*

*James Joyce’s Ulysses in Nighttown*

*Dramatized and transposed by Marjorie Barkentin Under the supervision of
Padraic Colum *

*Directed by Derdriu Ring*

*June 16, 2014 (Bloomsday)*

*A Staged Reading with an All-Star Cast*:

Dana Hart*     George Roth*      Bernadette Clemens*     Aled Davies*

Beth Wood    Maryann Nagel*    Greg Violand*     Larry Nehring*    Natalie
Green

Rose Leininger        Christopher M. Bohan*    Ali Garrigan      Michael
Regnier

Bill Kennedy      Cathleen O’Malley    Allan Byrne*   Jeremy Jenkins

    & musicians Mike O’Malley and Roland Kausen

*Actor appears courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association

*5:30 pm - Joycean themed dinner will be served*

THE CIRCE APPETIZER

BUCK MULLIGATAWNY SOUP

MULLIGAN  BEEF TO THE HEELS WITH MY GIRL’S A YORKSHIRE GIRL PUDDING

-OR- FILLETED  LEMON SOLE DE LA DUBEDAT

MOLLY’S  MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PEARS

-OR- RHUBARB TART WITH RICH LIBERAL FILLINGS

*7:00 pm - Curtain*

Seating is limited. *Tickets are $75 and can be purchased at
**www.mamaitheatreco.org
<http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/home/current-season/ulysses-in-nighttown>*

Director Derdriu Ring notes: “It seems criminal to not perform Ulysses In
Nighttown at Nighttown restaurant, named after the very place in the title
of this play and the 13th episode in the novel Ulysses. I recently visited
Dublin and stayed by the Ha’Penny Bridge where the cacophonic melodies of
Moore St. and Bachelors Quay woke me up each morning. The sounds of inner
city Dublin have a distinct, musical energy that echo Joyce’s novel even
today. The animated voices of men, women, girls and boys chatter
incessantly, seeming to use up every note of the musical scale. Do the
Irish ever shut up? I hope not; Joyce would have had a much shorter novel
if that were the case.”

*Mamaí Theatre Company *was founded in 2010 by Bernadette Clemens, Wendy
Kriss, Christine McBurney, and Derdriu Ring.  Mamaí (pronounced Mah' may)
is the Gaelic word for “mother.”  Four working mothers, theatre artists,
colleagues, and friends arrived at a place where it was time to create
opportunities for themselves and their community.  “Don’t wait to create”
became the inspiration for Mamaí Theatre Company.  Our mission is to create
intelligent, relevant classical theatre that offers an artistic home for
Cleveland's theatre artists, and equal opportunity for women in the
professional theatre community.

*Coming Soon…*

*In Co-Production with Theater Ninjas*

*Stranded on Earth*

*By Eric Coble*

*Regional Premiere!*

Directed by Jeremy Paul

Starring Derdriu Ring*

June 5-22, 2014

Details <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!stranded-on-earth-main/cwqr>

We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

You can subscribe/sponsor <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!tickets/c1v7g>, join
 or purchase tickets <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org/#!tickets/c1v7g> online!