[NEohioPAL] Professional Voice Lessons

Megan Thompson MeganThompson at musician.org
Mon May 5 06:34:24 PDT 2014

Teaching Philosophy:
 It is my belief that everyone has an individual learning style, and therefore, not everyone can be taught in the same manner. I develop a curriculum based on my students' individual needs and strengths as opposed to developing a single curriculum to be used by every student.
Areas of Study:
 Students study technique, posture, breath control, musicianship, and vocal health. I also incorporate music theory, ear training, and sight reading into my lessons. In order to teach proper diction and vowel production, I use the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Students interested in studying additional French, German or Italian diction can arrange diction coachings outside their regularly scheduled lesson, just as students wishing for additional music theory, ear training or sight reading may schedule separate lessons.
A Typical Lesson:
 There is no such thing as a "typical" lesson since every student is studying at his or her own pace. The lesson's curriculum is based on the student's ability, prior training, and goals. Sample lesson schedules can be found at www.MeganThompson.yolasite.com under "Private Teacher."
Rates and Availability:

 Lessons are taught through Motter's Music. Motter's charges $18 per half hour lesson. It is typical to start with half hour lessons, but depending on your goals, you may want to schedule for hour long lessons. You may schedule lessons by calling (440) 442-7470 and requesting a lesson with Megan Thompson or my emailing MeganThompson at musician.org. At this time, I teach Monday and Tuesday afternoon/evenings. By mid June, Wednesday and Thursday evenings will also be available. Availability subject to change.