[NEohioPAL] AUDITION / MONOLOGUE COACHING - MARC MORITZ

Marc Moritz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon May 12 14:00:12 PDT 2014

EQUITY AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT
GREAT LAKES THEATER: 2014-15 SEASON
The auditions, scheduled for June 13, are by appointment only.

WHAT:
GREAT LAKES THEATER
Local Seasonal Equity Auditions 2014–15 Season
EQUITY LORT C/B Classification
Producing Artistic Director: Charles Fee

WHEN:
Friday, June 13th, 2014 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
There will be a lunch break from 2:00-3:00 PM

WHERE:
PlayhouseSquare Rehearsal Halls
1650 Chester Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115

HOW & DETAILS:
Auditions are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, Members of Actors Equity Association should visit http://greatlakestheater.org/work-with-us/auditions. Appointment times will be confirmed via email. Non-AEA Actors who wish to audition will be placed on a waiting list. Non-AEA actors should email Jessica Lucas at jlucas at greatlakestheater.org to be placed on the waiting list. If there are available slots, non-AEA actors will be contacted no later than Thursday, June 12th.

PREPARE:
Please prepare one brief Shakespearean monologue and one brief contemporary monologue or one brief monologue and sixteen (16) bars of a song. Total audition should not exceed 90 seconds. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring a headshot and resume stapled together.

COMPLETE INFO:
http://greatlakestheater.org/work-with-us/auditions/

# # #

QUESTIONS/CONTACT:
Jessica Lucas
Production Associate
JLucas at greatlakestheater.org

________________________________

Cleveland Public Theatre announces
General Auditions for CPT’s 14/15 Season

Cleveland Public Theatre is holding general auditions for our 14/15 season. (Check out CPT’s season announcement on Cleveland.com.) All Northeast Ohio actors interested in working with CPT are encouraged to audition. CPT has a history of multicultural casting and is committed to representing our community on stage. A casting breakdown for each show is below.

General Auditions
When: Saturday, May 17th 2p – 7p & Sunday, May 18th 12p – 6p

Where: Cleveland Public Theatre (6415 Detroit Ave)

Auditions are by appointment only and will be scheduled in five minute increments. Actors should prepare no more than two minutes of material which can include 1-2 brief monologues and/or a short a cappella song. (Please note: auditions will be stopped at 2 minutes.)

AEA contracts will be considered throughout the season.

When scheduling your audition, please provide your preferred date, time and phone number. Interested actors should schedule an appointment by emailing CPT Artistic Intern Anne Bakan (abakan at cptonline.org).

Casting Breakdown
Spirits to Enforce
written by Mickle Maher, directed by Matthew Wright, runs 10/9-10/25/14
12 actors of a variety of ages, genders and ethnicities

She’s Wearing White
a performance installation by Faye & Joan Hargate, runs 10/9-10/25/14
2 African American, Latina or Caucasian females, 20s-30s

SpringBoard
a staged reading series of new plays, runs 10/22-11/2/14
multiple actors of a variety of ages, genders and ethnicities

Conni’s Avant Garde Restaurant
runs 12/3-12/21/14
4 females or males of any ethnicity to play “Nurses,” which includes performing a supporting role with the touring company and assisting with food prep, dinner service and clean up.

American Falls
written by Miki Johnson, directed by Raymond Bobgan, runs 12/4-12/20/14
(some roles have already been cast)
2 males of any ethnicity, late 20s – early 30s
1 boy of any ethnicity, plays 6-8 year-old but looking to cast older

Fire on the Water
created & directed by a variety of Northeast Ohio artists and coproduced with Theater Ninjas, Talespinner Children’s Theatre, Blank Canvas Theatre and Ohio City Theatre Project, runs 1/29-2/14/15
multiple actors of a variety of ages, genders and ethnicities

Standing on Ceremony; The Gay Marriage Plays
directed by Craig George, runs 3/5-3/21/15
(some roles have already been cast)
2 males of any ethnicity, late 20s – late 40s

in a word
written by Lauren Yee, directed by Beth Wood, runs 4/16-5/2/15
1 female of any ethnicity, 30s
1 male of any ethnicity, 30s-40s
1 male of any ethnicity, 20s-40s

Dontrell, Who Kissed the Sea
written by Nathan Davis, director TBD, runs 5/21-6/6/15
2 African American males, early 20s
2 African American females, 20s-30s
1 Caucasian female, early 20s
1 African American male, 40s-50s
1 African American female, 40s-50s

Johanna
written & directed by Tlaloc Rivas, runs 5/28-6/13/15
1 Latina female, teens – early 20s
2 Latino males, teens – early 20s
1 Latina female, late 30s-40s
1 Latina female, 50s-60s
1 Latino male, 50s-60s
1 female of any ethnicity, 30s
1 male of any ethnicity, 40s
1 boy, plays 6-8 year-old but looking to cast older

Beth Wood
Associate Artistic Director
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave.