[NEohioPAL] important ALERT for Neohiopal subscribers who use "@roadrunner, @oh.rr.com and @adelphia"

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon May 19 04:40:45 PDT 2014

This message is intended for anyone who uses a "roadrunner" email address.

That includes @roadrunner, @oh.rr.com and @adelphia.

This message is a blind cc to all of those addresses through regular email
"off list" as well as posted to the Neohiopal list, so you may get this
message twice.

You may have noticed that Neohiopal bounces you off the list occasionally
and then gives you a link to resubscribe.  Some days there are a couple of
people bounced and some days scores.  Conrad Yoder, our webmaster, has been
manually resubscribing you - a big daily chore.

He has been working all angles to see what can be done about the RR
problem.  In talking with other Mailman admins, there does seem to be an
acknowledged consensus that Roadrunner / Time Warner has made the decision
to crack down on spam at the expense of their members being on large
mailing lists, like Neohiopal.

They “rate-limit” emails to them from single servers - even acknowledged
“good” servers - because spammers sometimes will shoot out a lot of emails
from one server.

Our Mailman server owners are attempting to work with RR/TW to get them to
change their policies, but we don’t know how much success there will be.

Since we don't know when or if this problem will be solved, I suggest
subscribing with gmail as they have a much saner spam filtering policy.

--
Fred Sternfeld
Neohiopal Ltd. Owner and Administrator

fredsternfeld at neohiopal.org