[NEohioPAL] Reviews are in

Al Diamond Phillips via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed May 21 13:23:26 PDT 2014

I recently submitted the Son Best Time (of my life) to a consumer panel for review. Although it was mostly positive, there will always be those reviews that just seem angry for what ever reason. I was very pleased however that the majority seemed to like the song. Obviously I'm a little jaded when it comes to this song since its about meeting my wife.

I do have to laugh at the way some reviewers made their own version of whats in the song and what its about, they are close, but some call it a break up song, or say its about a failed relationship, well I'm here to tell you after 20 years together we're still working on Forever! Here are the reviews if your interested in reading them or listen to the song yourself, and send me your own review www.reverbnation.com/aldiamondphillips
REVIEWS
 This song reminds me of "Hey there, Delilah" in its first chords, but then I quickly change my mind and realize it's actually a very well crafted country-inspired piece. The lyrics say it, the nuances in the singer's voice say it as well as the instrumental that accompanies it does. The guitar and drums fall perfectly next to each other and wrap together the very strong voice of the singer. It's not really genre based, which promotes it to a wider audience.

Pretty guitar in the beginning. I kind of wonder where it will go to, then it goes into a rock ballad. The guy has a nice voice. He is singing about his musician life, then a girl comes in and it was the story of a musician's love. I rather like it. It could be a Firehouse song! Nice 90s feeling.

I love how slow and the paste of the song co es in. The artist giving me a lost type of vibe from this song. I think this is a beautiful song. The song has a realistic story to it and ot is so appealing, the vocals are decent but maybe it's just the song. I really do relate to the artist and his feelings about his girl that he want to be with forever. A lot of people can really enjoy this song because the beat is excellent and so are the honest and meaningful lyrics. I like this song and I also like the artist. The song is perfect.

Very mellow beginning, I enjoy a suttle start! Good lyrics. Singers voice is enjoyable. a little to much of and emotional roller coaster for my preference. Audio levels were fine and the over all mix wasn't bad. I don't know that I would listen to the track again but I'm not saying I regret hearing it!

The male vocalist has a very stable voice and the background singers harmonize with him quite well. The basis for the song, a young man enticed with a woman who's relationship didn't quite work out, is very relatable for listeners who experienced young love. The overall song is composed very well, because the premise is very attractive and the guitar tune is easily repeatable, allowing for listeners to take the song and create a rendition for themselves. I was very satisfied after listening to this song, and I would definitely recommend it to those who enjoy the genre presented in this musical piece.

Nice slow and relaxing intro, the volume seems low, hard to hear the words without turning it up, seemed off beat at times, doesn't sound confident, weak, voice doesn't seem to have an passion in it, average

Music about love and life. That's always fun no matter the genre. Sing this to your girl, wife, or someone who will become special to you one day. This artist has a confident tone is his voice, so his music really has more of a stronger effect on the audience

Very catchy melody lines that flow throughout the base of the song's structure. I could definitely see this song being a great live sounding performance. Good veteran songwriting that pulls a lot from experience of the songwriter. Great guitar playing, especially in the solo.

The introduction was powerful and not alluring and captured my attention right away from the begging. The lyrics are inspiring and is something that I could personally relate to in my life. Especially when I have bad break UPS. The vocals were strong and compels and had a impressive range that reached a climax during the melody. This is one of the best break up songs I've heard while rating.

The song is silly. Its feels like a twitter post story. The song is a bit strange because of that. I dont know what genre this song belong to. I cant help but thing what kind genre whenever I listen to this. Overall its a nice and funny song.

I absolutely love the guitar on this song! Truly amazing work by all who created this song. I hope that it will one day reach the iTunes top charts. Great job on this one :D hi hi ih ih ihei ihi ejao ;oiwhe ;ognwo g;oiwne oiwewie gioweg

I loved how the artist wrote about love instead of heartbreaking experiences, which seems to be popular now a days. It brings back innocence in experiencing love. You can feel his energy, his love for someone. A lot of people can relate to this song. The song has a great beat which will be great for people my moms age. The singer has a great voice.

This song sounds like a thinly produced half baked country song. It doesn't sound like a song that would be a hit even if it were produced better. The production sounds super amateur and wasn't even done in a professional recording studio. The musicianship is ok but the songwriting needs improvement. All the instruments sound ok and the vocals are marginal. The lead guitar sounds more rock than country, so I think the arrangement needs reworking.

this is asong that has a pleasing opening. the singer in this song gives a pleasing and direct perfor,amce. his voice is together and very balanced, a good tone, has depth in his voice. the lrics to this song have merit, there confident and well structured. tere is a nice instrumentals to this, upbeat and free, there is a arranged music to this osng that is rich and together

the message you brought out in this song is meaningful. I like the lyrics, i like the guitar chords, i like your voice and i would listen to this song a couple of times. This style isn't familiar to me but i guess i enjoyed it.

The music is tinny, but the singer has a voice that is clear and strong. He does not really have any distinctive quality to his voice, but it is strong. He can carry a tune and puts his heart into his music, and I haven't heard too much of that today. I could hear this on a country music station. It needs very little polishing to get it radio-ready. I expect to hear it on the air this summer.

The guitar and drums starting the song off in this fashion is well a good classic rock/country vibe from it. The singer sounds very outspoken and sounds like he is from decades past. The lyrics of the song is about how a woman that left him back then was the best thing but when he sees her again out there now it just makes him feel miserable with regrets. The instrument quality is well paced out and well composed. The melody has a classic rock vibe to it.

This is a rock song that has a cute theme that sounds wonderful. The recording isn't the best, however the music still sounds great. the guitar play is exceptional. I love the performance presence of the song. The singer sings with passion and conviction. An easy listening song, that sounds great.

Interesting rhythm to the song. I like the lyrics of this song, but I would prefer a different singer. I don't really like his voice that much. This song is too slow for my liking too. I would not want to show this song to my friends. Maybe if it was a girl singer, I would enjoy it more.

Vocals are not bad but they are not good either. The music is kind of boring I was hoping it would have a little pick up. The lyrics were very decent. However I would not listen to it again.
 I thought this song had good lyrics and a good beat. I thought there could have been a little more variety in the melody. It was pretty much the same notes over and over. I also think the chorus would have benefited a lot by having someone harmonize or at least sing along to strengthen it. I think it would also have benefitted by being sung in a little lower key.

Thats the panel good and bad, Hope it was a good read
Thanks again
Al Diamond Phillips