[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas' TINGLE-TANGLE: Seeking Queer & Queer-Friendly Artists

Ray Caspio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jun 4 19:29:02 PDT 2014

Theater Ninjas is seeking queer and queer-friendly actors, theater artists, musicians, improvisers, dancers, and burlesque performers for its fall production, Tingle-Tangle.

Tingle-Tangle is a provocative and intimate theatrical experience combining cabaret-inspired performance and character-based interactive installation design in an investigation of gender, sexuality, the seeds of oppression, the evolution of hate speech, anti-queer legislation around the globe, and the transgressive, transformative power of compassion. Tingle-Tangle is conceived by Theater Ninjas’ Associate Artistic Director Ray Caspio and directed by Artistic Director Jeremy Paul.

We are looking for people 18+ of all identifications who believe gender and sexuality are much more than a binary; who are interested in using language with abandon in the exploration of topics of a sensitive nature. People who believe that humor is one of our most powerful tools for getting at the truth.

Group Auditions will be held in 45 minute increments:
Sunday, June 15
4:15 or 5:15 sessions available

@

Idea Center at PlayhouseSquare’s Gund Dance Studio
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44110

Please come prepared for movement, to play improvisational games, and to share – in whatever artistic form you are comfortable with – a two minute personal story related to the above themes.

Tingle-Tangle rehearsals begin late August/early September, with performances running Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays, October 23-November 15, in Cleveland and Akron. Actors must be available for the entire run. Commitments from other artists may be discussed.

To schedule your appointment, please e-mail Ray Caspio at rcaspio [at] theaterninjas [dot] com.

For a Tingle-Tangle preview, head over to Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/81190290

Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore.

We’re always experimenting; always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.

Web: http://www.theaterninjas.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theaterninjas
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theaterninjas #tingletangle

Ray Caspio