[NEohioPAL] FRANKENSTEIN, a puppet opera, seeks idea people, puppet builders and performers

Craig Joseph via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Jun 7 11:34:08 PDT 2014

Translations Art Gallery in Canton, Ohio, is spearheading a unique
process-oriented
collaboration with a puppet opera of FRANKENSTEIN, to be performed in
October 2014.  The composing team of Steve Parsons and John Popa was
commissioned to write a 50-minute chamber opera of Shelley's classic novel;
this has been professionally recorded. Now, a team is being formed (by
directors Craig Joseph and Erin Mulligan) to devise a theatrical / puppet piece
that will be performed to the recorded tracks.  We are looking for a team
of 12-15 folks who can collaborate in one or more of the following ways:

CONCEPTUAL - You have great ideas and can think through how sound, light,
body, movement, masks, puppets and more can help interpret a classic text
and some fantastic music.

BUILDER - You have experience with puppet construction and building - or
are an artist and fabricator of sorts who is willing to learn from someone
with experience.

PERFORMER - You have experience in puppet performance, or have other
performance
experience that would benefit our final creation.

We will begin collaborating in late June.  June-August will largely be
conceptual
and building.  September will find us actually focusing on rehearsals,
with performances
to occur on Fridays in October.

If interested in being part of a team, please respond to Craig Joseph (
craigjose at gmail.com) to set up an interview time. In your e-mail, include a
resume or CV, or a few sentences about what you do.  Website links to
images of your work also help.  Interviews will be scheduled for a half
hour each on June 15th and June 21st, after noon.  State your preference
for which day and time.  Any questions can be directed to the above e-mail
address.