[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Theater Ninjas' Tingle-Tangle

Ray Caspio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jun 11 13:10:01 PDT 2014

Theater Ninjas is seeking queer and queer-friendly actors, improvisers, dancers, and burlesque performers for its original fall production, Tingle-Tangle.

Tingle-Tangle is a provocative and intimate theatrical experience combining cabaret-inspired performance and character-based interactive installation design in an investigation of gender, sexuality, the seeds of oppression, the evolution of hate speech, anti-queer legislation around the globe, and the transgressive, transformative power of compassion. Tingle-Tangle is conceived by Theater Ninjas’ Associate Artistic Director Ray Caspio and directed by Artistic Director Jeremy Paul.

We are looking for artists 18+ who are interested in exploring the above themes and who are comfortable using language with abandon. People who believe that humor is one of our most powerful tools for getting at the truth. Actors will be involved in the character-based interactive installation design and in sketches/scenes.

Group Auditions will be held in 45 minute increments:
Sunday, June 15
4:15 or 5:15 sessions available

@

Idea Center at PlayhouseSquare’s Gund Dance Studio
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44110

Please come prepared for movement, to play improvisational games, and to share – in the artistic form you are comfortable with – a two minute or less personal story related to the above themes.

Tingle-Tangle rehearsals begin late August/early September with performances running Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays, October 23-November 15, in Cleveland and Akron.

To schedule your appointment, please e-mail Ray Caspio at rcaspio [at] theaterninjas [dot] com.

For a Tingle-Tangle preview, head over to Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/81190290

Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore.

We’re always experimenting; always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.

Web: http://www.theaterninjas.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theaterninjas
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theaterninjas #tingletangle

Ray Caspio