[NEohioPAL] “THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH” CASTING CALL

Chris Langer via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jun 12 19:45:43 PDT 2014

TREETOWER STUDIOS PRESENTS:
“THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH” CASTING CALL

WHO AND WHAT:
Treetower Studios/Chris Langer is producing a short film called, “THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH”.  We are starting to cast for the film which is slated to shoot in mid-August of this year.  The final duration of the film will be 10-12 minutes, so a very modest short film.  All of the cast will be paid for their time on set.  We will have a budget to put into equipment, pay, craft services, post-production, and festivals.  Treetower Studios is working to prepare our SAG Short papers if we have any SAG actors interested.  Our goal, like every other film, is to submit to various film festivals in Fall 2014 circuit.

SYNOPSIS
The Neighborhood Watch is a story about friendship and adventure.  Our main character, Elijah arrives at his father’s house for the weekend.  He meets an energetic, Sam who becomes friends with Elijah and introduces him to the Neighborhood Watch.  Lucy is a jealous young teenager who takes things a little far and challenges the newfound friendship between Sam and Elijah.

AUDITIONS:
ALL AUDITIONS ARE DUE JUNE 25th
All auditions must include a video audition for the part.  All auditions must use the sides from the Dropbox link below.  We will be reviewing the video auditions and calling back certain auditions for the selected roles.  You can submit to multiple roles.  Please submit a resume, updated headshot(s), and a demo reel (if you have it).  All levels of experience are welcome!  Callbacks will commence at the end of June in person and the roles will be casted by July.  Rehearsal will take place at the end of July before shooting.

ALL AUDITIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A NEW EMAIL TO:
chris at treetowerstudios.com
(CLEARLY MARK YOUR NAME AND ROLE YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR)

CAST:
NOTE: ALL AGES ARE APPROXIMATE, PLEASE SUBMIT IF YOU THINK YOU FIT IN THESE AGE GROUPS)

DOWNLOAD SIDES FROM DROPBOX - http://tinyurl.com/kl7hgje

ELIJAH, MALE (12-13 years old) - Elijah is shy and timid.  He plays a range of emotion mostly through his facial expressions and some dialogue.  Our ideal Elijah would need to be open to this range and be able to convey emotion through body language.

SAM, MALE (12-13 years old) - Sam is adventurous and fearless.  He tries to make everyone happy and sees both sides of a problem.  While Sam is always 100% full of energy, there will be a time where Sam is faced with a burden.  Our ideal Sam must be excited and ready to put 110% into the role, we need someone who is full of energy.

LUCY, FEMALE (12-13 years old) - Lucy is the typical pre-teen nowadays.  She is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.  Although she is unsure of Sam’s motives, she shows interest in him throughout the story.  Our ideal Lucy needs to be an all-around “normal” girl in this age group.

(2) BOYS (14-16 years old) - Without giving away too much of the story, these boys need to show a strong presence over Lucy.  They are forward and outgoing.  We are pretty open to all boys in this age range.  NOTE: We will be casting two boys.

DON, MALE (30-45 years old) - The father of Elijah and one of the main supporting roles.  Don is a patient father who cares about his son’s well-being.  Our ideal Don needs to have a caring presence and able to be that “strong” father figure.

JOHN, MALE (30-45 years old) - The father of Sam and the other main supporting role.  John is a bit like Sam, the life of the party.  He enjoys hanging out and is a bit more relaxed.  Our ideal John would need to be the typical father, who enjoys being out front.

SUSAN, FEMALE (30-45 years old) - The mother of Sam and wife of John.  Susan is a typical mother who doesn’t put up with Sam’s misbehavior.  Our ideal Susan would be the typical motherly figure, who enjoys yelling at children! :)

If you have any questions, please email Chris at chris at treetowerstudios.com

Thanks,
Chris