[NEohioPAL] Unsolicited review of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN THE MUSICAL AT BECK CENTER OPENING TONIGHT

Mary Faktor via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jul 11 00:56:03 PDT 2014

It's 3:30 am.  This is going to be short and sweet.  I saw Young Frankenstein, the Musical tonight at Beck Center for their preview.

It is FANTASTIC.  From start to finish, it is Fantastic.  I won't mention specific names, but the leads and ensemble were all perfectly cast and are fantastic.  The comedy is fantastic.  Their comedy timing is Fantastic.  The voices are fantastic.  The dancing, costumes and sets are fantastic.  Did I mention this production is fantastic?

  I have three small critiques for the Beck "powers that be"....
1. The orchestra too often overpowered the singers, making it difficult to hear some of the singer's lyrics.  Ask them to "dial it down a notch". 2.  The main stage theater can tend to get pretty chilly by the end of the first act, so consider turning the A/C down a degree or two and $ave pon electricity.  3.  On preview nights, consider opening a simplified concession stand for your audience to patronize.

The house was PACKED with people of all ages, and the laughter was raucous and often.  The standing ovation was spontaneous and sincere.  This is a guaranteed fun night out with your friend, parents, spouse or teenager.  It's a great night of funny, lighthearted entertainment and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN THE MUSICAL deserves an SRO house for every since performance.
This is one show you don't want to miss...

Just one woman's unsolicited opinion
Hugs
Mary Faktor (The Actor :-)
MaryFaktor.com