[NEohioPAL] Weathervane 8x10 TheatreFest - Recap!

Eileen via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jul 22 11:18:04 PDT 2014

Weathervane Playhouse celebrated the art of the short-play with the 4th Annual 8x10 TheatreFest — 8 plays, 10 minutes each.    We had wonderful audiences and, judging from their reaction to the plays, it was another unqualified success!   Our call for entries went out last December and ultimately we received 150 plays, all of which had to include a Special Prop - an ornate box.   Our volunteer judges read all submissions and selected 8  Finalist plays, which were presented at 3 performances on July 11, 12, and 13, 2014.

The audience members voted to select the top 3 plays.   Additionally, they also voted for the Special Prop which must be included in all the entries for next year’s competition – a vintage hand mirror.    Pictures of the mirror and all the details about next year's competition will be posted on the Weathervane website in late fall 2014.     The 5th Annual 8x10 TheatreFest will be held July 10, 11 and 12, 2015 so mark your calendars!

2014 8x10 Winners List

FIRST PLACE ($350)
A Telegram in the World of Smartphones by Brandi Eaton of Stow, Ohio
Directed by Bill Morgan and Pat Robertell-Hudson
Featuring Scott Keating Davis, Kyla Williger and Al Klesh

SECOND PLACE  ($250)
The Psycho's Path by Aaron McDavis of Rowlett, Texas
Directed by Ian Haberman
Featuring Harriet DeVeto, Scott Keating Davis, and Ian Haberman

THIRD PLACE ($150)
You've Got the Wrong Dragon by Rebecca Gorman O'Neill of Denver, Colo.
Directed by Scott Keating Davis
Featuring Sue Jeromson and Danny O'Donnell

RUNNERS-UP ($50 EACH)  Listed in alphabetical order.
At the Wall by Bonnie Milne Gardner of Delaware, Ohio
Directed by Mary Mahoney
Featuring Zack Oliver and Mason Shuman

Dear Susan Love Harold by James Walczy of Hilton Head, S.C.
Directed by Constance Thackaberry
Featuring Tom Stephan and Linda Ryan

Keeper by Joy Gee of Sacramento, Calif.
Directed by Adam and Patti Alderson
Featuring Jo McGarvey and Morgan Csejtey

Love, Theatre, and Damn Yankees by E. Scott Icenhower of Greensboro, N.C.
Directed by Matt King
Featuring Abby Schramp Moore and Mary Mahoney

Table For Two by James Caputo of San Diego, Calif.
Directed by Alex Nine
Featuring Ralph Cooley, Sue Jeromson, and Mason Shuman