[NEohioPAL] The Boiling Point: Akron's Alternative Play Reading Series – August 12

Wandering Aesthetics via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jul 28 17:15:13 PDT 2014

 The Center for Applied Theatre and Active Culture & Wandering Aesthetics proudly present...
The Boiling Point: Akron's Alternative Play Reading Series

The Boiling Point  "keeps it gay" on Aug.12 at 8pm at the Balch Street Theater***
as we read the play Cock by Mike Bartlett as part of the 2014 Gay Games!

Join us – as readers or audience members – for Mike Bartlett's Cock.

When John takes a break from his boyfriend, he accidentally meets the girl of his dreams.
Filled with guilt and indecision, he decides there is only one way to straighten this out…

Visit: www.tinyurl.com/boilingpoint3  OR
Contact Nici Romo at Doodlebug7876 at aol.com for information.

The event is completely *FREE* but donations are greatly appreciated!
(Imagine a bunch of Akron's coolest people reading a play out loud and discussing it!
Because that's EXACTLY what this!)

The Boiling Point is that wild moment where internal pressures surpass outer,

 triggering a transformation. “Alternative” plays serve as our fuel to ignite the

minds of Akronites. By reading a diverse array of texts, we set ablaze different

genres, aesthetics and cultures– especially those works beyond the scope of

traditional American theatre. The friction between these new encounters and their

resulting conversations will generate the spark of fresh ideas that will take Akron

to The Boiling Point.

***220 S. BALCH STREET IN AKRON