[NEohioPAL] An unsolicited review by Mary Faktor The Actor - MSS production of THE WEDDING SINGER

Mary Faktor via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Aug 2 23:47:28 PDT 2014

NEED a FUN NIGHT OUT?  Don't miss Mercury Summer Stock's production of THE WEDDING SINGER.  It is chock-full of FUNNY 80's references, FABULOUS voices, FUN song and dance numbers and glitzy costumes. BTW, all this was put together by Pierre Brault in a mere 8 days of rehearsal.

 If you were around in the 80's you will thoroughly enjoy "fake" Tina Turner, Boy George, Cyndi Lauper and other icons, references to 80's commercials, etc.  The entire cast was fabulous, but I was especially blown away by Cindi Verbelun's humorous portrayal of Grandma Rosie. ( Cindi is normally front office or behind the scenes at MSS.). It was a very pleasant surprise to experience her comedic talents and fine singing voice on stage.

 I ran into Karen Fields (retired former head of David & Lee...what is now the Docherty Talent Agency)  She had never been to a MSS show.  She was overheard saying, "I know talent when I see it, and that is what I've seen on this stage tonight." She immediately signed up for their mailing list.  That about sums it up.

The ticket prices of $15 (students & seniors) and $18 (adults) are some of the most reasonable in Cleveland theater, and the quality of the production is worth twice the price.  (Word of advice...bring a chair cushion,..the seats are a little hard on the derrière :-)

A few more weeks and the MSS season is done until next summer, so I suggest turning off the TV, forget the local cinema and treat yourself to a truly fun night out with THE WEDDING SINGER at Mercury Summer Stock.
August 1-3
August 7 - 10
August 14 - 16
All Evening Shows Begin at 7:30PM
All Sunday Shows Begin at 2:00PM at

For subsription tickets, call 216.771.5862

For single tickets, call. 216-.771.5862
or order online www.MercurySummerStock.com

Mercury Summer Stock is located at:

Notre Dame College (Map It)
1857 South Green Road
South Euclid, OH 44121

NOTE: Main entrance is at 1857 South Green Road (the old Regina High School driveway). The current listed college address is: 4545 College Drive. Regina High School is now part of Notre Dame College. The theatre is located inside the old Regina High School building - to your left as you enter the driveway.

Mary Faktor (the actor :-)
Www.MaryFaktor.com
330-655-2895 (home/office)
216-470-5132 (cell)