[NEohioPAL] Paid Gig in Brusnwick!

Ted via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 12 05:27:02 PDT 2014

We are casting paid performers for Mapleside Farms in Brunswick as we
present, for the third year, our "American Legends" program highlighting
characters from all eras of American history.

The performance times are:

Saturday, September 13^th from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Sunday, September 14^th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Performers are expected to arrive by 9AM each day for call; this hour is
paid.Pay is $12 per hour, with lunch, as well as water and snacks
provided for two breaks each day.

Each performer will have their own area or "stage" on which to perform
for about 5 minutes approximately 4x per hour using provided period
costumes.Every two hours, 15 minute breaks will be built into the
schedule.Each performer will have a script, historical background and
suggestions for their performance, which will lean heavily on
storytelling.Your input to improve your character and performance is
welcome; this year we are emphasizing crowd interaction, especially
since this is a family-friendly event.Posing for photos and other
contact with our guests and their children is especially
important.Helping guests make great memories is our goal!

There will likely be one meeting/rehearsal before the Festival.These are
the roles we are looking for fill:

  * Pocahontas: A female (late teens through early 30's)
  * Huckleberry Finn: A male late teens
  * Mark Twain: A male older 40's and up
  * Paul Bunyan: A male late 30's to 50's tall and heavy set (prefer
    with natural beard)
  * The River Boat Singer: A male late teens to early 30's with a strong
    singing voice
      o Past performer delivered renditions of Shenandoah and The
        Boatmen's Song
  * Susan B. Anthony: Female, 40-60's with a strong oratorical style
  * Frederick O. Douglass: African American Male, 40-60's, with a strong
    oratorical style
  * John Henry: African American Male, 20's-30's, muscular Steel Drivin' Man

Actors should come prepared with a short, light monologue that tells a
story.We will be looking for your ability to engage and connect with an
audience.

Auditions are scheduled for Tuesday, August 19^th from 5-6:3pm at
Mapleside Farms, 294 Pearl Road in Brunswick.

Please do NOT call Mapleside regarding auditions.All questions should be
directed to Robert McClain at rkmcclain at roadrunner.com
<mailto:rkmcclain at roadrunner.com> (please include "American Legends" in
the subject), or via text only at (440) 725-7077.