[NEohioPAL] Don't miss out on this networking opportunity!

Kristina Michelle via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Aug 14 23:10:11 PDT 2014

This weekend (Aug. 15-17) is The 19th Indie Gathering International Film Festival and Convention, which will be held at The Clarion Inn & Conference Center in Hudson (6625 Dean Memorial Parkway). Weekend passes, day passes and individual film tickets will be sold at the door.
What's The Indie Gathering?The Indie Gathering International Film Festival is three days chock-full of indie film fun! This year, the festival is screening 113 films from around the world! We also have film lectures and panel discussions all day Saturday and Sunday, a convention room, special guests and networking parties. If you're an actor, you may want to check out the monologue competition. Stunt person or martial artist? Check out our stunt competition. You can register for either or both at the door. We also have live FX makeup competitions going on throughout the weekend.
So why should you be there?Aside from having a great time, learning about all aspects of filmmaking and seeing fantastic indie films, this is an excellent opportunity to NETWORK. Whether you're new to the business or a seasoned professional, networking is very important to furthering your career in the film industry. The Indie Gathering is a great chance to do just that, because unlike your typical general audience, our audiences consist of people working in the industry. Actors, crew people, producers, directors, writers, musicians. You name it, they're there. Don't just take our word for it. MovieMaker Magazine agrees. In 2008, the festival was chosen as one of the Top 25 Film Fests and selected as the Best Fest for Networking.
So come on out to The Clarion Inn, and see what this event has to offer you.
www.theindiegathering.comwww.Facebook.com/TheIndieGathering