[NEohioPAL] Play Reading and Discussion "Death of the Last Black Man" by Suzan-Lori Parks, hosted by Ma'Sue Productions, CATAC and Wandering Aesthetics

Wandering Aesthetics via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Aug 22 14:09:30 PDT 2014

The Center for Applied Theatre and Active Culture (CATAC),
Ma’Sue Productions and Wandering Aesthetics
Presents…
“The Boiling Point” Play Reading and Discussion
Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole in Entire World

As reports of police brutality and unjust, senseless murder (attacks based on blatant racial profiling) continue to grow, the Nation’s atmosphere is thick with protest. While protesting is important and can be necessary, it also serves to create division– “us” against “them.”

As members of the artistic community, we feel *art* is one of the best ways to bring people together. This special edition of “The Boiling Point” serves as our bridge toward understanding– unlike the police barricades in Ferguson.

Through an open reading of the classic Susan Lori-Parks play THE DEATH OF THE LAST BLACK MAN IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD, we hope to spark an honest dialogue about race and the inhuman events of the last few months.

Please join us in wrestling with steps we can take toward true “justice for ALL.”

 The Boiling Point will take place on Tuesday, September 2 at 6:30 PM at the Balch Street Theatre. It is FREE and open to public. Anyone can come and read a part or simply watch and listen.

For more information, please visit www.tinyurl.com/BoilingPoint5 or email WATheatre at gmail.com

Injustice anywhere is a threat to humanity everywhere!

The Boiling Point is that wild moment where internal pressures surpass outer, triggering a transformation. “Alternative” plays serve as our fuel to ignite the minds of Akronites. By reading a diverse array of texts, we set ablaze different genres, aesthetics and cultures– especially those works beyond the scope of traditional American theatre. The friction between these new encounters and their resulting conversations will generate the spark of fresh ideas that will take Akron to The Boiling Point.

Play readings are held on a monthly basis at the Balch Street Theatre located at 220 S. Balch Street • Akron, OH 44302.