[NEohioPAL] ACTORS NEEDED OCTOBER 28

Carrie Hebert via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 8 14:20:47 PDT 2014

We are having an Active Shooter Drill at Hopkins Airport on *Tuesday,
October 28*.  We need 300 *volunteers* to portray victims. (yup, you read
that right! 300!).  Please email Diane Flower at Cleveland Airports so she
can send your consent forms!  dflower at clevelandairport.com   Registration
will close (read: forms are due no later than) Friday, October 10.  Late
registrations will *not* be accepted (this is a security issue). If you are
not registered, you will not be admitted to the drill. Please bring ID to
the Check-In table.

This will be a multi-agency drill, and will include personnel from the
airports, as well as multiple police agencies, fire departments, and rescue
squads, and many area hospitals. Victims will be transported to various
hospitals in ambulances to be “treated” by hospital personnel.  Volunteers
will be given a free actors-only bus ride back to the airport when the
drill is completed.

The minimum age to participate this year is 12 years of age.  Children must
be able to be separated from their parents for a few hours, as we cannot
ensure that parents and children will be transported together. If you have
any questions about this, please email or call Diane Flower.

Volunteers will park at the airport across from FedEx and next to the post
office.  If you need directions, please email Diane. We will start (makeup)
moulage around *6:00 a.m*. at the fire station (there will be people near
the post office and FedEx directing you to the airport fire station).
 Victims then will be transported to Concourse D by bus. Famous Dave’s will
provide lunch for us all at the conclusion of the drill, but you are
welcome to bring your own snacks and lunch.

Feel free to bring books, magazines, cards, etc to occupy your time as you
wait for your turn in the makeup chair, and again wait for the drill to
begin. Please do NOT bring anything of value, as there will not be a
secured area in which to store items during the drill.

IMPORTANT:  If you choose to have a visible injury (as opposed to “only”
suffering from anxiety or asthma or a heart attack) please wear clothing
that can get stained or torn. The injuries will require the application of
stage blood, which will stain clothing, and some injuries will require us
to tear or make holes in your clothes (i.e. gunshot wounds). Remember that
not all victims will be physically injured.  We also need a few volunteers
to portray deceased victims (no acting necessary).

* If you have a "carry-on" item (backpack, small suitcase, etc.) that you
can donate, to add to the realism of the scene, please bring it with you.
These items MIGHT NOT be returned to you, so please do not bring your
Great-Aunt Matilda's antique steamer trunk or your autographed
one-of-a-kind backpack, etc. Also, if you have a red blanket, towel, or
cloth (to simulate pools of blood, since Hopkins won’t let us pour stage
blood all over their airport), please bring that, too. ;-)

Feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested in
volunteering! Remind them that they need to register with Diane no later
than October 10th. If you have any questions, please email or call Diane or
me.

Thank you!
Carrie
440=823=9447