[NEohioPAL] Interviews and Auditions for PAID STAFF & CAST positions at Kringle's Inventionasium!

Sarah Hess via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 9 11:03:23 PDT 2014

With only a few months ‘til Christmas, it’s finally time to put together
the 2014 Cast and Staff of Kringle’s Inventionasium™!

Last year recognized by Time.com as one of the Top 11 Places in the US to
visit Santa, we are now in the process of assembling a Kringleriffic team
of Popdiddlyoppin' persons to make this holiday the merriest, zaniest, most
splendiferous ever!  Members of this year's Kringle Family will enjoy
updated  scripting & additions to the experience, new characters, even more
streamlined staffing & scheduling, competitive pay, fun & focused training
and rehearsals, and more.

This year, we are hiring FULL & PART TIME for the following positions:

-Characters (acting and improv based)

-Concierge

-Photographer

-Photo sales

-Train staff

-TWO non-speaking, costume mascot characters

….and more!

NOTE: It is not uncommon to serve in multiple positions throughout the
season.

There is is still time to sign up to audition for this one-of-a-kind acting
& interactive improv experience, or to interview for non-acting based staff
positions.  Keep reading for stipend, audition, and schedule information!

Stipend

FULL TIME performers/staff will receive a base stipend of at least $1200.
 Your final contracted stipend will be based on your availability. Any
Kringle’s Inventionasium employee, in any cast or staff position, who
completes the season with no conflicts/full season coverage will also be
eligible for an additional $250 end of season bonus.  Please see below the
audition information and the season schedule.

Auditions

Character/cast auditions are in a group setting.  Auditions are laid back,
playful, fun, and you don't need to prepare anything - just come ready to
read from provided sides and play with the group.  Please dress for
movement.

You need to be present for only ONE of the auditions, and must be present
for the ENTIRE audition time.  Please respond with the dates you are able
to audition, ordering them by preferred date.  Space at each audition is
limited and will be capped, so be sure to respond ASAP.

Auditions take place at Kringle’s Inventionasium, which is located on the
first level of Tower City in downtown Cleveland, OH.

Available audition dates for the 2014 season:

Wednesday, September 17th: 7:00-9:00 pm

Thursday, September 18th: 7:00-9:00 pm

Sunday, September 21st: 4:00-6:00 pm

Any interested parties who are not available on these dates will need to
make individual arrangements for auditions/interviews by contacting Sarah
Hess at Sarah at MrKringle.com. Substitute dates are VERY limited, so if you
are truly interested in participating this season, please make your best
effort to make the original date a priority!

Signing Up for an Audition

To set up an audition or interview, send an email to sarah at mrkringle.com
with the following information:

a.  How you heard about us, and what position you are interested in.
 Please see the list at the top of the email.

b.  Indicate which audition slots you are interested in:

Wednesday, September 17th: 7:00-9:00 pm

Thursday, September 18th: 7:00-9:00 pm

Sunday, September 21st: 4:00-6:00 pm

c.  Best phone number at which to reach you

d.  Best email at which to reach you

e.  Attach resume (required of cast and staff positions) and headshot
(required of cast only) to your response.

Please also be aware:

-You will be expected to be present for the ENTIRE audition/interview slot.
There is a possibility of ending early, but this is not a guarantee.

-If auditioning, please dress for movement.

-Plan on arriving 15 minutes early to allow yourself time to park, find the
space, and fill out paperwork.

-Parking will be comp-ed, but please make sure to bring your parking ticket
in to the audition.

Once you have emailed sarah at mrkringle.com, you will receive a confirmation
email, which will include a specific schedule of the season and request for
any conflicts, as well as specific information about finding the space in
Tower City.

Rehearsal and Performance Schedule

Rehearsals: Rehearsals will kick off on Saturday, October 25th, and will
take place on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday & Thursday evenings through
the month of November.  Rehearsals will culminate in three preview night.

The run schedule of Kringle’s Inventionasium: Kringle’s Inventionasium
opens to the public on Friday, November 28th 2014 and runs every day
through its closing day, Tuesday, December 23rd.  Generally, we are open
full days (10 am - 8 pm) on weekends (Fri-Sun) and 3:00-8:00 on weekdays
(Mon-Thurs) with a few exceptions.  When you respond to this email, you
will receive a more specific schedule.

After you’ve emailed sarah at mrkringle.com with your preferred audition
dates, she will send you a more specific request for availability/conflicts
for the Rehearsal and Run Schedule.

Interviews for Staff Positions

Non-performance based staff position interview slots are from 2:00-4:00pm
on Sunday, October 21st.  Interviews will be scheduled in a one-on-one
basis.  Please contact Jake at Mrkringle.com to set up your interview slot.

Finally...

We are eager for you to join us this season to again CELEBRATE, PLAY, and
INSPIRE.  As previous members of the Kringle’s Inventionasium cast know,
being a member of the Kringle’s Inventionasium family is unmatched… it’s
that feeling when you look into a child’s eye, and know that she really
believes-- and that look in the father’s eye when you know he does, too.
It’s the crabby uncles who are having a blast by the end, the super
enthusiastic kids who blow us away with their energy and imaginations, the
shy kids who open up and jump on in, the family who has their first photo
together with Mr. Kringle, and the family who is here for their 5th year in
a row and recognizes you (or your character!).  It’s the touching moments,
the silly stories, the camaraderie of our team, and the Spirit of the
Season that we build together for each other and our community... that is
what Kringle's is all about!

For the past seven years we have been truly blessed with the talent and
opportunity that have come together to bring the one and only
Inventionasium to life - come join us as we help to make another 20,000
people believe!  We look forward to receiving your responses promptly, and
hope to see you soon!

Merriest Wishes,

Sarah Hess
*Performance Director*