[NEohioPAL] LAND OF CLEVE: Shane Patrick O'Neill Croons For His Supper in Beck Center's 'Forever Plaid'

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 12 20:09:26 PDT 2014

LAND OF CLEVE: Shane Patrick O'Neill Croons For His Supper in Beck Center's 'Forever Plaid'

Shane Patrick O'Neill will be going back to the future frequently this month, portraying a 1950s crooner in Forever Plaid at the Beck Center for the Arts. His character of Frankie is the leader of the quartet, the romantic crooner, confident but humble, who is always taking care of the rest of the group. Friends and family of Shane might say his winning the part is the result of typecasting.

From the creative mind of writer Stuart Ross, Forever Plaid is a deliciously goofy musical comedy that centers on four eager singers whose dreams of making it big end with a bus collision on the way to their first big concert. Beck Center veteran Martín Céspedes directs and choreographs this production, which also features Brian Altman, Josh Rhett Noble, and Matthew Ryan Thompson.

Shane says the audiences for Forever Plaid are in for a great evening of entertainment. "I think most audience members will go into the show simply expecting to hear a lot of great old tunes. While there certainly is no shortage of this, I think audiences will find that this is much more than a nostalgia driven jukebox musical. I think they will really connect with the characters and feel for them by the end of the show...

Read the full interview at:

http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/09/10-burning-river-questions-shane.html