[NEohioPAL] LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW: Great Lakes Theater Gives 'Merry Wives of Windsor' a Cinematic Spin

Cleve Land via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Oct 3 14:27:46 PDT 2014

LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW:
Great Lakes Theater Gives
'Merry Wives of Windsor'
      a Cinematic Spin

An auteur with Orson Welles' ample ambition and adiposity. A pretty pair of
plotting paramours. An exotic adviser with an eyepatch. An homage to the
Hollywood of days gone by...

No, we're not watching Turner Movie Classics! We're taking in the splendor
and the showmanship of Great Lakes Theater's latest production, *The Merry
Wives of Windsor*.

Director Tracy Young expertly elevates the comedy of the script while
keeping the action rooted in reality. Aled Davies commands each scene he is
in as Falstaff, even when he is dressed in women's clothing or emerging
from a trash dumpster. As the objects of his unwarranted affection, Laura
Welsh Berg and Jodi Dominick revel in their retribution of the
smooth-talking showman.

Cool and colorful characters populate the rest of the show's tight-knit
ensemble. The talented cast features Lynn Robert Berg, Ian Gould, Clare
Howes Eisentrout, Owen Desberg, Brian Sutherland, M.A. Taylor, Sam Wolf,
Pedar Benson Bate, Tom Ford, Tracee Patterson, Kyle Jean Baptiste, Stephen
Mitchell Brown, Alex Syick, Brandyn Day, Katie Proulx, Mickey Ryan, Keri
Rene Fuller, Kayleigh Hahn, Leah Jennings, Mia Knight, Lisa Nazelli, and
Cameron Nelson...

READ THE FULL REVIEW AT:

*http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/10/cleve-review-great-lakes-theater-gives.html
<http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2014/10/cleve-review-great-lakes-theater-gives.html>*