[NEohioPAL] Final Horror Project Mixer TONIGHT at TOAST

Brian Bowers via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Oct 9 00:01:01 PDT 2014

Don't be afraid! Join us for our final 48HFP Horror Project mixer of the
year TONIGHT (Thursday Oct. 9th) at TOAST in Gordon Square at 7:30pm. If
you haven't been able to attend any of the previous events this is your
last chance to connect with teams, find crew, get cast, and network with
other Cleveland filmmakers. People that attending our previous mixer there
will agree that TOAST is an awesome little venue, so we hope you can check
it out and hang with us! TOAST will have some happy hour food and drink
specials-must be 21 to drink.

Check out the event details on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/736503126421705

TOAST
1365 West 65th St., Cleveland 44102
Free parking available throughout Gordon Square--TOAST is located across
West 65th from the Capitol Theatre.

We continue our food drive for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, so people
are welcome to bring canned goods or nonperishable food items.

*Registration still open!*
There are just a few slots left to participate in the second annual 48HFP
Horror Project. If you love horror films then this is your chance to show
off your stuff and terrify audiences all over Cleveland. From Oct. 17th -
19th filmmakers will have just two days to write, produce, and edit short
horror films. Teams will randomly draw genres at the Kickoff--many
different horror film genres will be represented including old favorites
like Creature Feature, Vampire, and Found Footage, alongside some genres
new for this year--Natural Horror, Asylum, Carnival/FunHouse, and more.
View the full list at http://www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland/horror/genres/.
In addition each team will need to include the same character, weapon, and
location (just like *Clue!*) that will also be revealed at Kickoff.

The films will premiere at Tower City Cinemas on Oct. 28th--there are two
screening groups with different films in each group. All on-time films will
be judged for a variety of awards that will be announced at our Awards
Party at the Richfield Taverne <http://www.taverneofrichfield.com/> on Oct.
30th. It's the perfect time of year for horror films and rocking out with
the rest of the Cleveland film community.

But you are running out of time--sign up now before it's too late!

http://www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland/horror/

As a reminder, if you were a team leader in the summer 48HFP this year
you'll get an additional $25 off the registration fee when you sign up!

*Tickets on sale now for Horror Project screenings*
What's your favorite scary movie? Find out and cast your vote at the
macabre movie marathon of our Horror Project screenings on Oct. 28th at
Tower City Cinemas. Audience members will have a chance to vote for their
favorite films in each screening. There are two separate screenings--7:00pm
and 9:30pm, with different films in each group. Check out the list below to
make sure you support your favorite film team, or stay all night and view
ALL of the films...if you dare!  The most up-to-date list of screening
groups will be posted throughout the competition on our website
<http://www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland/horror/>. Stay immediately after each
screening for a special Q&A with the filmmakers.

General admission tickets are $10 per screening, or snag the special VIP
tickets for $12 per screening--they allow entry into the theatre ten
minutes before the general admission seating so you can get the best seats
in the house. There are a limited number of VIP tickets available in each
screening. 48HFP screenings often sell out, so make sure you get them now
so you're not left dead in the water.

Purchase tickets online at
http://www.clevelandcinemas.com/moviedetails.asp?id=5426
<http://www.clevelandcinemas.com/moviedetails.asp?id=5426>
or call the Tower City Cinemas Box Office at (216) 621-1374.

*48HFP Project Screening Groups*

*Group A: Tuesday Oct 28th at 7:00pm*
Aldous Mustache -- Jeffrey Lange
BJ-BloodLust -- Sage O'Bryant
Black Rose Productions -- Dani Venen
Dark Horses Productions - Pauline Nowakowski
Gone Fishin' Productions -- Chris Bilecki
Lakeside Studios -- John B. Frenden
Lone Buzzard Filmworks -- Logan Fry
Maple Films -- Jon Jivan
Movie Collectors Pictures -- Vimalraj Jayaseelan
ThatCity Productions -- Nnabike Okaro
Valley View Productions -- Mike Hricik*Group B: Tue Oct 28 at 9:30pm*
Cheesy Cat Productions -Justin Bowers
Cosmic Octopus - Daniel Clement
Des Waz Here Productions - Des Matelske
eMpTy-Light-Pack -- Michael Trivisonno
Labyrinth Films -- Julie Simon
Rebel's Advocate -- Justin Quisenberry
Team Rosevault -- Stephen Miller
The Fiorella Brothers -- Nick Fiorella
Ubstar Productions -- Candace Horne
Uncanny Films -- Paul Zakrzewski
White Midnight -- Scott Brosius

*Upcoming 48HFP Events*
*Final Horror Project Mixer at TOAST*
Thursday, Oct 9th  7:30pm

*Horror Project Kickoff*
Friday, Oct 17th
6:00-7:00pm

*Horror Project Dropoff*
Sunday, Oct 19th
by 7:30pm to be on time!

*Horror Project Screenings*
Tower City Cinemas
Tuesday Oct 28th
7:00pm and 9:30pm

*Horror Project Awards Party*
Richfield Taverne
Thursday Oct 30th
(time and details TBA)

*Halloween will be here before you know it--so prepare to scare!*

Brian Bowers & Jennifer F.

Cleveland Producers

48 Hour Film Project

*Cleveland 48HFP films, behind the scenes, and more at*

*http://cleveland48hfp.tumblr.com/ <http://cleveland48hfp.tumblr.com/>*

http://www.facebook.com/Cleveland48HFP

http://www.facebook.com/groups/443437849024470

http://twitter.com/48HourCleveland