[NEohioPAL] Attention Hip Hop Fans! From Cleveland Play House Script Club and the Beachwood Library

Margaret Reardon via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Oct 9 08:24:03 PDT 2014

Tuesday October 14 at 7 pm

Come to our next Script Club event and get a sneak peek  at CPH's upcoming production of
How We Got On by Idris Goodwin.

Set in 1988, How We Got On   is joyous, inventive and universal coming-of-age story
about three teens in a Midwest suburb each trying to find their voice
and reach their dreams, through the poetry and power of hip-hop. Watch the trailer here

Cleveland Play House’s Script Club is everything you love about a book club - but with a play in the spotlight! First, check out a copy of the script from one of our partner libraries and read it at home. Then join CPH Artistic Staff at the library for a free-flowing exploration of the story and characters, with inside insight on how CPH artists take a play from page to stage!

Our Script Club events are always appropriate for audiences as young as high school, but we think that an inter generational group would make this event especially memorable for everyone involved. It would also be a great activity for parents and teens to share!

The Beachwood Library is located at 25501 Shaker Blvd.
Register at www.cuyahogalibrary.org or call 216-8316868