[NEohioPAL] Geauga Theater set to open Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None

greg pribulsky via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Oct 10 16:57:31 PDT 2014

And Then There Were None set to openat Geauga Lyric Theater

Ten Little Soldierswent out to dine,

One choked his littleself and then there were nine!

                There couldn’t be a better seasonof the year to open a great murder mystery play, than during the Halloweenseason.  And that is what the GeaugaLyric Theater on the Square in Chardon, Ohio is doing on Friday October 17th.

                Agatha Christie’s bestsellingnovel “And Then There Were None” willcome to life on the Chardon Stage and Director Deborah Cluts is up for thechallenge.

                “I find books that are turnedinto plays to be more challenging than any other type of play.” saidCluts.  “The audience comes in having aset vision in mind of their favorite character.”

                Christie is best known for herwork as a detective mystery novelist. Her novel And Then There Were Nonepropelled her into one of the topselling novelists of all time.  The bookis written in 50 different languages and is read all over the world.

                “Christie is so descriptive ofevery tiny thing that occurs in her books that to portray all that descriptionin an action packed way can be quite the hurdle.” added Cluts. “Luckily, notonly did I find actors that bring their own unique twist to each of Christie’scharacters but together we found a way to overcome many hurdles.  This play was a rewarding experience forall.”

                The actors selected to portraythose who may/or may not be facing their doom have come from all over NortheasternOhio.  Some are old faces that haveappeared on Geauga’s stage before and a few are new to Chardon’s historic site.

                The show’s producer, GregPribulsky, was amazed on how many performers came to audition for this novel,turned movie, turned play.

                “Having read the novel andseeing the play, I was glad to see that Geauga Theater was incorporating thisshow into their 60th anniversary season.” Pribulsky explained.  “As I sat through auditions, I couldn’t helpbut to get excited because we had so many talented actors and actresses comeout from across the region and they all wanted to be a part of this cast.”

                Cluts is hoping to make all theaudience participants junior detectives.

                “Whether you have seen thisclassic for the tenth time or it’s your first, I hope that you find yourselftrying right along with the characters to solve this Christie crime!” Clutssaid.

                And Then There Were None opens Friday October 17 and runs every Fridayand Saturday evening (8:00pm) and Sunday afternoon (2:00pm) thru SundayNovember 2nd.   Tickets are$15 for adult, $13 for seniors or students.  The Geauga Theater will be having a very special night at the theater onFriday October 31st (Halloween).  For those patrons who come to the theater in acostume, you will receive $2.00 off your admission ticket or $2.00 offconcessions.  There will also be acostume contest at intermission with prizes to be awarded for the best costume.

                The Geauga Lyric Theater islocated at 101 Water Street in the Historic Square in Chardon, Ohio. For moreinformation call the box office at 440-285-7701.