[NEohioPAL] Upcoming Free InsideCPH Events - How We Got On

Jason Bogdany via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Oct 13 06:41:33 PDT 2014

Coming up in the Outcalt Theatre: Cleveland Play House presents  How We Got On, an uplifting lyrical journey of dreaming big and discovering your voice, October 24th - November 16th.  Tickets for students are just $15, and tickets for under 35s are $25 - for more information, please go to clevelandplayhouse.com<http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com/>.

But even before you see the play, you can be a CPH insider!  With our FREE InsideCPH programs you'll get up-close-and-personal with the people and processes that make our work happen, all in a fun, informal and interactive setting.

Script Club - Free & in your neighborhood!
Everything you love about a book club - but with a play in the spotlight! Check out a copy of the script from one of our partner libraries and read it at home. Then join CPH Artistic Staff at the library for a free-flowing exploration of the story and characters, with special insight on how CPH artists take a play from page to stage! RSVP to your library branch required.
Tuesday, October 14: Cuyahoga County Public Library, Beachwood Branch - 7:00-8:15pm
            Call 216-831-6868 or www.cuyahogalibrary.org/beachwoodbranch.aspx<http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/beachwoodbranch.aspx>
Wednesday, October 22: Cleveland Heights-University Heights Main Branch - 7:00-8:15pm
            Call 216-932-3600 or visit events.heightslibrary.org<http://www.events.heightslibrary.org>
Wednesday, October 22: Medina County Public Library, Main Branch - 7:00-8:15pm
      Call 330-725-0588 or visit www.mcdl.info<http://www.mcdl.info>

Tech Night - Free & open to the public!
Tuesday, October 21, 6:30-8:30pm
Hear from the director and designers, then sit in on a technical rehearsal ("tech") to see how set, lights, sound, costumes and actors all come together as opening night nears! RSVP to insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com<mailto:insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com> required. Details sent upon registration.

Behind-the-Scenes: Rhyme and Reason - Free & open to the public!
Saturday, October 25, 11:00am-12:30pm
What do Shakespeare, Kerouac and your cheesy teenage love poems all have in common with How We Got On? A lot! Playwright Idris Goodwin leads an immersive exploration of how the poetry of early hip-hop takes the play's characters-and audience-on a joy-filled journey of language, rhythm and rhyme in this universal coming-of-age story. RSVP to insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com<mailto:insidecph at clevelandplayhouse.com> required. Details sent upon registration.

Pre-show Conversations - Free for all ticketholders!
These fun and interactive 25-minute conversations happen right before the show in the Allen Theatre Complex. Pull back the curtain early and connect with the world of the play in an engaging and relaxed setting, beginning 45 minutes before every performance.

TalkBacks - Free for all ticketholders! (Select Performances)
Stay after the show to continue the conversation our plays start! TalkBacks offer the chance to interact with the cast and CPH Artistic Staff in an open and lively Q&A about the play and the questions it raises.
                Sunday, November 2
            Tuesday, November 4
            Sunday, November 9