[NEohioPAL] DISCOVER YOUR PASSION: The Ashland University Theatre Experience

Tricia Applegate via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Oct 21 14:24:29 PDT 2014

*DISCOVER YOUR PASSION*
The Ashland University Theatre Experience
Saturday, November 8, 2014 starting at 2 p.m.

Register by *November 1* at *www.ashland.edu/theatre*
<https://www.ashland.edu/cas/content/discover-your-passion-ashland-university-theatre-experience#overlay-context=departments/thea>

*Spend an afternoon and evening with the **Ashland University Theatre
Department’s faculty & students*

   - Learn the skills necessary for a college audition or interview that
   will knock their socks off
   - Explore both performance and design through workshops led by Ashland
   faculty and chosen by YOU
   - See our students in action when you attend the premiere of *In the
   Event of My Death, *a new play written for Ashland University Theatre
   - Socialize and dine with current theatre students as you experience our
   award winning dining services
   - Join a post-performance discussion with faculty and students
   - For the total AU experience, enjoy an overnight stay in a residence
   hall

*Select from one of the following acting workshops and one of the design
workshops led by AU Theatre faculty:*

*ACTING WORKSHOPS*

   - *PANIC! Auditioning and Interviewing for University Theatre Programs
   with Alumnus Shane O’Neill: *So you want to major or minor in Theatre
   and the school wants to you to prepare an audition or interview.  Yikes!
   What do you do?  What do you prepare?  What do you need?  How do you
   present yourself in the best light so that you can communicate your
   potential to the schools that interest you?  How do you deal with nerves?
   In this workshop we will discuss and explore what makes a great audition
   and interview, what materials you need to be collecting and preparing and
   how to present them.  How to craft a professional theatrical resume, and
   what questions to ask THEM.  If you have a monologue or song you have been
   working on, bring it and have it professionally critiqued.
   -

   *Behind the scenes of In the Event of My Death, The Premiere of a new
   play written for Ashland University with Assistant Professor Scott
Hudson: *You
   are invited to engage in the work and development of Ashland University
   Theatre Department’s original play, *In the Event of My Death*.
   Professor Hudson will continue to deepen and specify the directing and
   acting process of selected cast members as well as demonstrate and share
   the work of crew and production members. The session will allow for
   questions and answers and a dialogue between you, the cast and crew of this
   unique and extraordinary process of developing an original play from New
   York City-based, emerging playwright, Lindsay Joy of The Farm Theater
   Company.

*DESIGN WORKSHOPS*

   - *Painting: The Big Picture with Assistant Professor Jason Coale:  *How's
   your scumbling technique?  When was the last time you let your rag roll?
   When you've got an entire stage to paint there isn't much time for the tiny
   brushes we love in our fine art work. We will demonstrate a few of the
   classic techniques that we consistently use as well as a few of the obscure
   ones. Participants will also have the chance to get their hands dirty so
   bring some paint clothes for this interactive workshop that will have you
   painting like Picasso in no time.
   -

   *Beat Down! Creating wounds and bruises with stage makeup with Assistant
   Professor Sarah Russell:  *Ever wonder how to create realistic wounds
   and bruises on stage? Want to make your zombie costume extra cool this
   Halloween? Experiment with different makeup techniques that are used by the
   pros! Participants will learn how to use crème colors, liquid latex and
   other household items to create fun and creepy special effect makeup.
   (Please note if you have a latex allergy.)

For more information about Theatre at Ashland University: Contact Sarah
Russell at *srussel6 at ashland.edu* <srussel6 at ashland.edu> or *419.289.5150*