[NEohioPAL] Ohio Independent Film Festival Nov 6-9

Peter Balint via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Oct 22 11:28:32 PDT 2014

Independent Pictures is proud to present the 21st annual Ohio Independent Film Festival (OIFF). The four-day event is open to the public and will be held at the historic Atlas Cinemas Lakeshore 7, 22624 Lake Shore Boulevard, in Euclid, Ohio, from November 6th through November 9th.  This year’s films include shorts and feature films from around the world and in all genres.  Feature films include the breathtaking documentary film, "Project: Ice," which tells the story of the Great Lakes in the context of ice. "Bucky and the Squirrels" and "Route 30 Three!" are quirky, clever comedy films you won't want to miss. OIFF is proud to recognize the efforts of local filmmakers as well. You can catch Travis Pollert's "Andrew" or Christopher Langer's "The Neighborhood Watch.” Both are local shorts and included in our shorts programs. There is something for everyone at this year’s event. "We are anticipating increased attendance this year due to our efforts over the last few months to engage the film community in Cleveland as well as those who just love independent film," said new Executive Director, Peter Balint. Since 1993, OIFF has been a platform for independent film artists to exhibit their films without the support of large studios or production companies. Independent Pictures is dedicated to building a strong independent film community in Northeast Ohio by bringing artists, industry experts and audience members together through exhibition, education and networking events. This year’s festival is sponsored in part by Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and Community Shares. For tickets and schedule: http://ohiofilms.com/oiff.html or call 216-795-5704.